cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

valeyard1
Journeyman III

Various issues with my new 6750 XT

Bought a new GPU over christmas time looking forward to an update after 8 years but I am going bonkers trying to get it to work.

First issue i had:

When i loaded up games i would get some sort of power error (powerwatt failure), computer would freeze with a green screen and i would have to shut down. After much research, i tried nearly everything. downvolting, changing power settings, buying a new PSU, updating bios, downloading older drivers, updating to windows 11. You name it i tried it. Because i missed the one month return policy i cant return it and im stuck with it.

So I took it to a computer repair shop who tried a few more tricks with it to no avail. gave it back in same condition but confirmed hardware wise there is nothing wrong with the GPU. it seems to be a driver problem.

Was informed by AMD there was a big update coming and alas there was. I downloaded and everything actually worked. no problems playing games. nothing wrong.

Then I get a message on the AMD software telling me the windows drivers have overwritten the drivers installed by AMD (or something to that extent). After which I could not start many games. It would just crash the game.

So again I did some research and found the best solution was to roll back a windows update and reinstall the AMD drivers again. so i did that. Games started working fine for like a day.

I went to sleep and woke up the next day and boom.

I no longer get any signal to any monitors - just a blank screen and the message 'no signal'. I've tried different cables, monitors, GPU slots on mobo, ram slots on mobo, resitting the GPU, ram, CPU, all cables from PSU are attached properly. Nothing. No signal whatsoever. I note there is a white light on my mobo which apparently means there is no signal to the monitor. well no **bleep**.

Right now I have installed my super old GPU just so I can use my computer as I need it for work. The AMD GPU is sat in a box collecting dust because im sick of having to try to get it work. The white light is not on my mobo when I use my older GPU. I had to uninstall the AMD drivers and  reinstall NVIDIA. (i've always used DDU when switching GPUS)

Any suggestions? I was thinking I could try do a complete reset of my PC but honestly I'm unsure how worth it is...

Could I run my old NVIDIA GTX  970 alongside the AMD 6750 on my motherboard? just to reinstall the drivers since I get signal from the NVIDIA (but cannot see anything when only using AMD)

PC Specs:

MOBO: MSI Z490 gaming plus

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT MSI gaming trio

CPU: intel i5-10400F @2.90GHz

PSU:  Thermaltake 750W

RAM: Samsung SSD 980 500gb, SSDPR-PX500-256-80, 1TB hard drive

CASE: Be quiet 500 dx

Everything is about 2 years old now except for the 1TB hard drive which is about 7 years (start up runs from SSD 980, i use the hard drive only for photos and storage)

edit: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qwJwW4

0 Likes
7 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Windows drivers are broken.

Here is what you need to do. 

Solved: How to stop updates for drivers with Windows Updat... - AMD Community

Then you need to use DDU to remove all old drivers, Nvidia and AMD, and restart. 

Then reinstall drivers manually from the AMD Driver Support page. 

If this doesn't work let us know.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Make sure you have the new GPU in slot when you install the new drivers.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
valeyard1
Journeyman III

None of these worked… as I said before I have no signal to monitor so I can’t even get to the page. 

whag I have tried now is: resetting windows, installing both gpus to the mobo. But that just gave me a weird black screen so that’s a no go. I can’t install the drivers because I get an error that an AMD gpu was not detected in the system

0 Likes

If I install the amd gpu onto the secondary gpu slot Jon the motherboard, there is no white light on the mobo. However it still does not give any signal to the monitor fans are spinning, rgb lights are on.

what a piece of crap

0 Likes
valeyard1
Journeyman III

Soooo no help? Great.

0 Likes
raimondsL
Journeyman III

This is why I really dislike AMD compared to Nvidia. I've never had any Nvidia driver issues.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amernime-zone-amd-software-adrenalin-pro-driver-discovery-remix-23...

This driver package is working great "out-of-the-box" for my RX 6600 XT

0 Likes
dougzineo
Journeyman III

The same problem is happening to me! Everything works normally, I go to sleep and the next day the gpu doesn't spin up and doesn't give a signal, it only works by turning the PC off and on again. I've looked everywhere for a solution and I can't find it (in fact, it's difficult to even search because it's a very strange problem)

0 Likes