cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dankmemon
Newcomer

Using the Wrong GPU

My Cpu is the Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz with the Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte) inside it. My GPU is the 2048MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (ATI AIB). The Driver version is 19.7.5

For some reason one of my games (for Honor) suddenly changed from my GPU to my CPU's graphic option. This happened today and I was gone for a week. when i left it was just doing fine. this has dropped my fps from 40ish to under ten. 

I did find multile articles saying i have to enable Switchable Graphics in the AMD settings. I am however unable to find this option. i have looked in prefrences for additional options which doesn't exist anymore and looked at display where this apperently was moved to but also can't find any power or Switchable Graphics option there. I have looked around for 30 minutes not finding anything like it. What I did come across was the fact that the upgrade advisor says that the GPU can't support the minnium for For Honor. I have looked at a few games if they have the same problem and they don't. some of these games are shadow of war and mordhau which both still use the GPU.

with this i mind i think it might be some within the options of for honor in the radeon settings or something with the game prefrences, but i have no knowledge of any of this. Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Reply

There is no switchable graphics on desktop systems, it is for laptops.

Are you using multi monitors with one connected to intel graphics, and what is the exact make/model of the R7 ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes