cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NãoPerturbe
Adept I

Used RX 570 Weird Issues.

Hello to all, in October 2018 I bought an Asus Expedition RX 570 4GB OC from a guy who used to mine with it (according to him, he mined with it for approximately 3 months), however, after the first year of use, it started showing some weird issues along the road.

I will describe them below to give a better scenario:

- Random visual and audio stutters while watching videos/gaming (even in stock, with no third-party software active).

- Random black screens while gaming, with the windows uninstalling the driver after it gets back. It should also be mentioned that when I do a restart through the restart power button, the speaker gives 8 short beeps (that indicates VRAM issue according to my researches), still, if I also shutdown through the main power button and start it back again, it boots to windows normally.

- Rare colored artifacts show up when I get to the windows login screen, that can be "solved" by restarting the system. It happens but it is rare compared to the other issues.

Here is what I already tried so far:

- Did a fresh OS install.

- Used DDU to clean any old driver left (with windows update disabled).

- Changed the PSU power Cable.

- Checked the other hardware parts as well (they are ok).

- Checked the Vbios version to make sure it's using the right version.

- Underclocked both the Core clock and Memory clock, but to no avail.

- Tested on another PC, but it persists.

- Tested with different drivers, also made no difference.

- Stress tested with Furmark to see if any of the issues mentioned above happen, yet nothing, it only happens when I'm browsing /watching videos or gaming.

I will list my system specs below to provide further details:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

GPU: Asus RX 570 Expedition OC

MB: Biostar Racing B450GT3

Bios version: B45AS204.BSS

RAM: Geil Orion RGB 16GB (2x8) 3000Mhz (OCed to 3200MHZ, but I also tested in stock, and nothing changed).

PSU: Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650W 80+ Bronze

GPU Driver: Adrenalin Version 21.11.2

I have no clue of why these issues show up randomly, it presents such issues, though it still "works fine" sometimes.

0 Likes
0 Replies