Hello to all, In October 2018 I bought an Asus Expedition RX 570 4GB OC from a guy who used to mine with it (according to him, he mined with it for approximately 3 months), however, after the first year of usage it started showing some weird (really weird) issues along the road.
I will describe them below to give a better scenario:
- Random visual and audio stutters while watching videos/gaming (even in stock, with no third-party software active).
- Random black screens while gaming, with the windows uninstalling the driver after it gets back. It should also be mentioned that, when I do a restart through the restart power button, the speaker gives 8 short beeps (that indicates VRAM according to my researches), still, if I also shutdown through the main power button and start it back again, it boots to windows normally.
- Rare colored artifacts show up when I get to the windows login screen, that can be "solved" by restarting the system. It happens but is rare compared to the other issues.
Here's what I already tried so far:
- Did a Fresh OS Install.
- Used DDU to clean any old driver left (with windows update disabled).
- Changed the PSU power cable.
- Checked the other hardware parts as well.
- Checked the vbios version to make sure it's using the right version (and seems like it is).
- Underclocked both the Core Clock and Memory clock, but to no avail.
- Tested on another PC, but it persists.
- Tested with different drivers, also made no difference whatsoever.
- Stress tested it with Furmark to see if any of these issues happen, yet nothing, it only happens when I'm browsing/watching videos or gaming.
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Stock.
RAM: Geil Orion RGB 16GB(2x8) 3000 (OCed to 3200Mhz with tuned timings, tested ok).
MB: Biostar Racing B450GT3 (AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 220.127.116.11.).
Storage: 1TB HDD (Backup and Games) + 120GB SSD (OS).
GPU: Asus Expedition RX 570 4GB OC (Overclocked and Undervolted).
Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2 (Build 19042.1348).
I honestly have no clue what is happening with this graphics card, it presents these issues, though it still "works normally", I hope I don't have to look for another one anytime soon since the prices are not in anyone's favor at the moment.