cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TonyCoulam
Journeyman III

USB-C

I have an ASUS AMD Ryzen laptop and RTX-3080 GPU.

I used to be able to connect my USB-C port to an external display and it would run through the GPU.

I was changing some things for startup items and must have deleted too many.

Well, Windows 10 doesn't have any auto recovery points, so recovery file or registry backup.

Now wit the default windows drivers for usb, my USB-C won't connect to an external monitor.

Also, in my NVIDIA control panel, if I have a monitor connected to the USB-C it doesn't show up.  No Display section.

So, what drivers did I prevent from starting up or which ASUS or AMD or Nvidia driver/program doesn't start so my USB-C won't connect to an external display or be reconnized in NVIDIA control panel.

The USB-C still has powering laptop capability.

I think it was in the StartupNotify folders in the register that I deleted ASUS or Nvidia items.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I suppose the first thing to try would be clean install the driver pkg supplied from asus ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
marinesquirel
Adept III

Hi Tony,

While the RTX 3080 is Nvidia, I think I can at least give you some guidance. First, make sure your USBC cable is a USB4 cable. Then right click on windows and select Device manager. In Device Manager, find the device. It should be marked with a yellow exclamation point symbol. Choose the device, press and hold (or right-click) it, and then select Properties. The error code is displayed under Device status. If there is a code, you can put it here. If not, You will need to go to Nvidia's website and download there software. From there, install their video drivers directly from that app. 

0 Likes