cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BertJacobs
Adept I

upgrade for HP AMD Radeon HD 7450 (1GB)

I wish to upgrade my grafical card from my HP Pavilion6-2205eb. This is a HP AMD Radeon HD 7450 (1GB)

is the Pegatron AMD Radeon R7 240D 600M 2GB compatible ? there is one for sale nearby that's not to expensive.

if not, wich 2GB grafical card should fit ? 

I hope someone can help me, because i'm really not good in finding what is working for this. 

a lot of  thanks !!!! i just dont know where to start in looking for an answer.

greetings Bert

0 Likes
1 Solution

Seems like your HP Pavilion is not sold anymore and it seems to be a European Model.

I went to the Dutch HP Website and your Pavilion model doesn't show up nor does it show up in the American HP website.

But since it is a Desktop as long as your computer has the following specs you can upgrade your Video Card:

1- Has a PCIe x16 slot - which it does since that is what the HD7450 uses (PCIe x 16 - 2.0)

2-You need to find out what wattage your PSU is first before selecting a Video Card. The HD7450 requires a PSU of at least 200 Watts. Once you find out the wattage of your PSU you then can select the Video card you want to buy. You can remove the side panel and read the wattage printed on the PSU to find out or copy the model number and google it.

4- Go to this website and see which Video cards will work with the PSU you have installed: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

4-The new Video Card will fit in your computer case.

5-If the new Video Card requires PSU PCIe Power cables to be connected to the Video card then you need to see if the PSU has those cables. It is normally labeled PCIe Power.

6-All Non-RX AMD Video cards are not supported by driver updates. I believe most if not all of the HD7000 Series Video Cards last 2 AMD drivers are from 2015 and 2016.  Which means you probably can't play any of the latest games mainly due to having out-dated drivers installed.

Sorry I can't be more of a help. I don't know the Make & Model of your Motherboard and PSU and the size of your Computer Case.

According to your link to your computer it has a A8-3820 APU which the last two AMD APU drivers version are from 2015 and 2016 like your HD-7450. Unfortunately you need to install a GPU card that are compatible with those 2 AMD  Driver -2015/16.

So take a look at the GPU card you want to upgrade to and see what PSU minimum wattage it needs to run and whether it will fit in your computer case and if it will be compatible with your AMD APU processor's integrated Graphics.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

If this a laptop it seems like the Graphics card is soldered to the Motherboard thus you are not able to upgrade without replacing the entire Motherboard.

By the Way I noticed you opened a thread at HP Forums.

0 Likes

hello, 

thank you for your answer. i have a desktop, so i can get the card out of it. 

you think this card i'm talking about, is compatible with my computer ? 

indeed, i opend a tread on the HP forum, because i tought i didnt got an answer as fast as you did.

0 Likes

Can you then post the exact HP Pavilion you have? Seems all that I found were Laptops.

I need to look at your HP Pavilion Model Specs at HP to see the model Motherboard you have installed. Also the PSU you have installed.

In fact, do me a favor and run either CPU-Z or better yet SPECCY. Both will shows some specs for your HP desktop.

Speccy will probably be the best of the two to get the Information I need.

You can't upgrade without knowing what PSU wattage you have installed. 

You Model shows up at HP Part Store, but I can't find any specs on your HP PC at HP.com.

0 Likes

hello and thanks again,

this is the model i have : https://nl.hardware.info/systemen.26/hp-pavilion-p6-2205eb-b7z88ea.156925

i'm not familiar with the other options you propose. would you have enough information with the link ? 

in this link, the other information fits, i mean the other componants. but the motherboard i coulnt check if its true. 

0 Likes

Seems like your HP Pavilion is not sold anymore and it seems to be a European Model.

I went to the Dutch HP Website and your Pavilion model doesn't show up nor does it show up in the American HP website.

But since it is a Desktop as long as your computer has the following specs you can upgrade your Video Card:

1- Has a PCIe x16 slot - which it does since that is what the HD7450 uses (PCIe x 16 - 2.0)

2-You need to find out what wattage your PSU is first before selecting a Video Card. The HD7450 requires a PSU of at least 200 Watts. Once you find out the wattage of your PSU you then can select the Video card you want to buy. You can remove the side panel and read the wattage printed on the PSU to find out or copy the model number and google it.

4- Go to this website and see which Video cards will work with the PSU you have installed: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX 

4-The new Video Card will fit in your computer case.

5-If the new Video Card requires PSU PCIe Power cables to be connected to the Video card then you need to see if the PSU has those cables. It is normally labeled PCIe Power.

6-All Non-RX AMD Video cards are not supported by driver updates. I believe most if not all of the HD7000 Series Video Cards last 2 AMD drivers are from 2015 and 2016.  Which means you probably can't play any of the latest games mainly due to having out-dated drivers installed.

Sorry I can't be more of a help. I don't know the Make & Model of your Motherboard and PSU and the size of your Computer Case.

According to your link to your computer it has a A8-3820 APU which the last two AMD APU drivers version are from 2015 and 2016 like your HD-7450. Unfortunately you need to install a GPU card that are compatible with those 2 AMD  Driver -2015/16.

So take a look at the GPU card you want to upgrade to and see what PSU minimum wattage it needs to run and whether it will fit in your computer case and if it will be compatible with your AMD APU processor's integrated Graphics.

0 Likes

thank you for your answer !!!

i will start investigating it, this will take me a lot of work

i only need to use my card for zwift, at the moment it is working, but with a better card it can work better. so its not really gaming i want to do with it.

you told me : I don't know the Make & Model of your Motherboard and PSU and the size of your Computer Case.

maybe tomorrow i will try to run the programs you told me about in a previous mail and try to find out the info about make and model of my motherboard. i was laizy and didnt do this, because the computer we are talking about is in the cold basement, and i'm a little sick....  i already was there today for 2 hours, that was enough

thank you so much !!! probably i'll get back to you tomorrow with some more info tomorrow !

The R7-240 GPU card should work in your computer as long as the PCIe Lane 2.0 is 16 x16. Also uses the same PSU wattage as the GPU card you now have.

But you can't install the last latest AMD Driver from 06/21/2021 since it isn't compatible with your Computer's APU Processor's Integrated Graphics.

If you install the last latest AMD driver It will probably show a error in Device Manager for the Integrated Graphics which probably will be disabled since it isn't compatible with the AMD driver. Not sure if your computer will work correctly or not if Integrated Graphics is disabled.

That is if it is able to install successfully.

0 Likes

finally i installed the AMD Radeon R7 240D 600M 2GB, and everithing is working.

now i can use my Zwift program in high resolution.

Thank you!

Glad to hear you were able to do a minor upgrade in GPUs.

0 Likes