cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

amduser12345
Journeyman III

Updating Radeon Software to Adrenalin edition changes reported Graphics card from R5 M430 to R5 M330.

Hello,

I have an HP laptop with Intel processor and AMD graphics card.

When I had the AMD/Intel Graphics Card Driver version 22.19.128.5 Rev.A as provided by HP, the Radeon software as well as the window that opens up from the msinfo32 command showed that I had R5 M430 Graphics Card in my laptop.

However, I grew impatient out of the lack of updates from HP for this driver. So I came to AMD website which suggested that Adrenalin Edition was available for download for my R5 M430 graphics card.

So I got the win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.8.1-aug12.exe package from AMD website. Using the in-built uninstaller in this package, I uninstalled the previous drivers and installed the Radeon edition.

However, now the Radeon software as well as the msinfo32 window are saying that I have R5 M330 Graphics Card instead of R5 M430 graphics card.

Kindly explain what's at play here.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

The REFERENCE drivers that are downloaded from the AMD web site, use generic product names.

Your product has not changed, the driver is just using a generic product name. If you want the original product name to appear, you will need to use drivers provided by HP.