cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hardlock
Adept I

Update failed - how to reinstall clean?

Using win 7 pro on Dell Optiplex 7040 i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4GHz w/8GB RAM & 64-bit OS

Running an AMD Radeon R7 350X graphics card (stock hi-end Dell model at the time)

Got notice to update, update failed, now no RadeonSettings.exe found.  When browsing for app, found the AMD folder in the C drive and properties shows 916 subfolders with 5523 files.  This is nuts.  I looked in the device manager display adapter properties for driver version and it says 1/9/2019 with version 25.20.15011.1004.  However, in driver details there are over 130 entries!  Again, this is nuts.

How can I dump EVERYTHING and start over with just the minimum needed for my system.  NO bells and whistles as they seem to be giving me crashes and I don't use anything offered.  Oh and I have 2 generated .XML error report files I don't know what to do with.  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
2 Replies

0 Likes
hardlock
Adept I

Did that once previously and it looks like it just added to the mess I already have: (just went to your link - sorry, didn't have that information the other time I reinstalled.  That info will now help.) - thanks!

AMD.jpg

0 Likes