cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bfollett
Adept I

unknown beeps

I just did a re-install of Windows 10 on my computer and with it I installed the latest Adrenalin 2020 driver for my RX560. This is the first time I've installed these drivers.  Anyway I'm playing an old direct x (direct play) game: "Dungeon Siege" and periodically a short melody of about 4 notes plays and the graphics stutter for an instant.  I don't know for sure if it the new Adrenalin drivers causing the problem so I'm attaching the audio of the beeps to see if anyone knows what is causing the melody.

Thanks,

Bob 

0 Likes
7 Replies

most likely the game is unable to cope with a modern system very well

0 Likes
bfollett
Adept I

The game plays fine on a modern system as long as you enable support for direct play.  Just to rule out anything to do with the re-install of Windows 10.  I uninstalled the latest Radeon drivers and installed an older version and the problem went away.  I then reinstalled the latest drivers and the melody returned.  Therefore I'm still under the impression the sound is coming from some feature of the new drivers.  I just don't know which.  If someone knows what is generating the sound, it may be a feature I can shut off.

Thanks,

Bob

0 Likes

Recent driver are not very stable with some titles

0 Likes
bfollett
Adept I

I wouldn't call it a stability issue.  There's a short melody that plays as if some feature like video recording is active, I just don't know what it is so I can't shut if off.

0 Likes
branches
Adept I

That sounds like radeons Anti-lag. If you disable it, it should go away. 

0 Likes
guily6669
Elite

Humm, I personally remember to hear that with the older driver when I enabled maybe the AMD sharpening, maybe the AMD chill, or maybe the AMD anti-lag, one of them definitely made some kind of beep like that even on one of the latest 2019 Crimson drivers or whatever it was called...

But anyway since I disable everything I never had that beep anymore, it was just when I was first testing some of the newer features that they introduced that I tested and some made that exact sound and there is 2 different sounds from when you enable to when you disable if you use the hotkeys for in-game, but if some feature is on for a game profile it will beep like that when starting the game if I remember well...

Anyway I always use all OFF so no more of that beep...

I'm just pissed with Adrenaline 2020 is that I get much more CPU stuttering now because I can't disable the game advisor and the game performance metrics are always capturing my in-game performance and it's stupid not having an option to disable this garbageware which I don't want...

Also before I always used the custom install option and I never installed AMD Link for example which now installs all garbageware which I don't even want grrrrr....

0 Likes

It is Boost.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-1-1 

The audible beeps at game startup from Radeon Chill, Radeon Boost, and Radeon Anti-Lag have been removed. These features now offer audible indicators only when activated or deactivated via hotkey.

Which is stupid because I want them activated at launch and the "beeps" tell me they are working.

0 Likes