cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

elstaci
MVP

Re: Impossible to play with discrete graphics.

Maybe @kingfish might have some other approach.

I don't know if that is normal behavior for your laptop or not. 

But if you're playing a game, a Laptop would generally switch over to the more powerful discrete GPU in the laptop unless you are on battery power at the time.

Have you tried to run your Laptop's Diagnostic from your Support site?

Just to see if it finds anything physically wrong with your laptop or installed programs.

0 Likes
NicoACR
Adept I

I'll try.

0 Likes
NicoACR
Adept I

Everything is fine...

NicoACR
Adept I

I turned off the R5 on device manager, now this is what happens:

NicoACR_0-1638229321447.png

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

First your laptop should be fully updated from Win10 with the latest version.

AMD software and drivers are designed to work best for up-to-date operating systems. Please be sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.

Check in Device Manager for any yellow error marks.

Screenshot_3.png

The computer power plan (different than the graphics plan) must be set to 'high Performance' (not balanced)

Screenshot_5.png

The high performance graphics must be chosen in Windows. Settings/System/scroll down to 'graphics'

Screenshot_6.png

You should have installed only one driver. That driver updates both graphics cards > https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-laptops/a8-6410-radeo...

kingfish
MVP

Don't turn off the R5 in device manager. If this were to be a solution, it must be done in the bios.

What OS do you have and version.

What games are you trying to play and having these issues?

Huntnwabits
Adept I

crock. Ive done this many times.

0 Likes
NicoACR
Adept I

Somewhat I can see, is that with the same version of the driver I had, now I have another option (Streaming and Recording) and the FPS of GTA IV went up to 40, since I play it with 20FPS or even less. **bleep**?

NicoACR_0-1638230196778.png

My system is fully updated. The driver, correctly installed. Everything is fine. Now see this:

NicoACR_1-1638230254439.png

As you see, that option only tracks the R5 graphic card.

After making all that, this is the result:

NicoACR_0-1638230976280.png

Doesn't work...

0 Likes
NicoACR
Adept I

Since nobody replied this for a week, I will have to ask again, because I really need this. While installing the driver, it recognizes the HD 8500M:

NicoACR_0-1639416132962.png

0 Likes
DRDOS
Adept III

It's been a long time i tried to fix the same problem with dual graphics on my friend's laptop.
Whatever we tried was useless, solution not found so far.

About a year ago trying to find an info/solution i stumbled upon a message on the Microsoft forum that stated this problem is completely up to Microsoft which is highly unlikely going to fix it at all. I'm not sure whether that info was correct, at least it seems to be, as for almost 2 years i still haven't seen any solution.

I'll be looking forward if somebody will offer a working solution here in this thread.
Thank you for raising this question.

0 Likes