cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Khonen
Adept I

Unable to stream Warzone anymore - AMD software crashes

I have made a post about this issue early december. That is when the crashing started. I've tried everything from clean installs, tweaking settings etcetera. I posted the error log I get from Warzone below. In the AMD software I get the message:
Default Radeon WattMan settings has been restored due to unexpected system failure

My setup:
-5900x
-6900xt
-32gb cl16 3600mhz Ram
-Corsair RMX 850W PSU,
-MSI x570 MAG TOMAHAWK (wifi) Motherboard

Temps are normal (around 62 degrees, both CPU and GPU), GPU Usage is normal. 

The crashdump i found says:

Video Memory Info:
Budget: 9341 MB
Budget (unscaled): 15569 MB
Used: 11648 MB
Used (High watermark): 11934 MB
Available: 0 MB
Deficit: 2306 MB
System Video Memory Info:
Budget: 15578 MB
Budget (unscaled): 15578 MB
Used: 1113 MB
Used (High watermark): 1113 MB
Available: 14464 MB
Deficit: 0 MB
--- Begin Breadcrumbs Report ---
CommandQueue [Address]: last known fence value
CommandList [Address]: execution fence value
[status]: description

Possible status are:
\ : fence information shows the command has finished execution
: fence information shows the command is not yet being processed
<!>: command is still executing
>>: command finished execution
+ : marker was seen by the GPU
- : marker does not carry GPU information
? : status is unknown
Command Queue [000001a98655ef40]: last known fence 621750
Command List [000001a98669bb40]: end at fence 621751
[ ? ]: End 0000000000000000
Command Queue [000001a99175ea50]: last known fence 68442
Command Queue [000001a9917c7050]: last known fence 118127
Command Queue [000001a9918434c0]: last known fence 0
--- End Breadcrumbs Report ---
* Task Graph GPU Status:
* Frame Index: 79929
* Permutation: 12
* Frame in progress
* GFX queue:
* 360238c0cf37f2e5_160 (2938) - executing

It looks like Warzone at some point has a deficit of VRAM available.
I have tweaked/changed rendererworkercount and videomemoryscale, but the error stays and is the same. The only difference in the error message is the budget of VRAM. No matter how much "budget" there is, it ALWAYS exceeds it.
VideoMemoryScale = 0.60
RendererWorkerCount = 12

I have had this issue also when only playing Warzone and not streaming, but less regularly. When I turn on the stream, I get crashes every 20-30 minutes, making streaming impossible at this point.

I've waited for 2 months, but posting this here again aswell, since I think it's a combination of Warzone being a broken game, but there might be an issue in the AMD driver. Yes, my driver is up to date. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

To summarize:

Apparently (probably) the Ricochet cheat engine does not like higher than stock clock speeds, at least on my AMD graphics card. So I removed my max clock speed and set it to stock. I did change the minimum clock speed, memory timing, power limit and fan curves. Set memory timing to high and I left the memory clock on 2000. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Khonen
Adept I

Bump..

0 Likes
FederaluL
Adept III

try videomemoryscale 1.25 (that's what I use on same gpu)

also on your Windows graphic settings, add the game and set it to High Priority.

EK watercooled 6900xt - 5900x - Lian Li XL - Samsung neo G8 - Logitech G910 - Hero G502
0 Likes

Thanks, will give it a try this evening!

0 Likes

Unfortunately not the result I hoped for. With a VideoMemoryScale of 1.25, my VRAM usage goes to the max: 16.2gb, and my RAM usage goes up all the remainder of the MemoryScale, so I use 24gb of RAM instead of the usual 16 when streaming. 

This configuration causes some stuttering and the game does not run smooth.

0 Likes
fujiyama-95
Challenger

bump same exact setup and same exact issue

Hopefully we'll get some tips. Otherwise I still have silent hope the issue gets resolved in 2 weeks when season 2 gets released.

When streaming I get crashes sometimes after 20 minutes, sometimes after an hour.

When playing normally, I sometimes get a crash after one, two or three hours.  Very rarely, I have an evening without crashes.

0 Likes

It looks like removing my overclock seems to have fixed the problem. I read the higher than stock clock speed is something the kernel level ricochet cheat engine does not like.

I removed my overclock and no crashes so far although I have only played and streamed for around 2 hours.

I will test more tomorrow and if no crashes, set a minimum clock to prevent drops. I did tweak fan curves, put memory timing on high and highered the power limit.

To summarize:

Apparently (probably) the Ricochet cheat engine does not like higher than stock clock speeds, at least on my AMD graphics card. So I removed my max clock speed and set it to stock. I did change the minimum clock speed, memory timing, power limit and fan curves. Set memory timing to high and I left the memory clock on 2000. 

Were you doing manual overclock or were you using the Tuning Presets provided by AMD? 

Whenever I play games I play on "Rage" Tuning Preset.

Also, I have another question about your config file value.

You have the RenderWorkerCount set to 12, that doesn't cause any issues for you while streaming?

0 Likes

Apologies for the late response.

I was using manual OC settings. and continue to use them. I don't know exactly what Rage mode does. I know it highers the power limit, but I am not sure how it affects clock speeds.

As far as I know, my rendererworkercount does not cause issues. I could try setting it lower, but I think I highered it last year because of stuttering.

0 Likes