cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ragingrols
Journeyman III

Unable to see monitor native resolution after installing 5700 XT

My previous GTX580 graphics card allowed me to choose a Windows 10 recommended resolution of 2560 x 1440.  I was using a DVI connector.  My monitors native resolution is 2560 x 1440.  I recently purchased an AMD Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT card.  After installing drivers, from 19.10.2, to now 19.11.1, my recommended resolution on my monitor has now dropped (within Windows 10 Display Settings -> Display Resolution) to 1920 x 1080. I don't see higher resolutions available unless I turn on AMD's VSR (Virtual Super Resolution) within the settings of the AMD software.  When I enable the VSR, I am then able to see and toggle to the preferred display resolution of 2560 x 1440 but my screen becomes blurry (Windows screens - Desktop/IE/Explorer etc)!!!!   My monitor is 2560 x 1440 as native so I dont understand why the AMD divers won't allow me to see this without enabling VSR??!!  I have a Dell U2713H monitor, albeit 7 years old, and am using a HDMI 2.0 cable from the card to monitor now.  I have uninstalled all previous NVIDIA GTX580 drivers prior to installing the AMD drivers, but without luck.  I even uninstalled the AMD drivers, allowed plug n play to detect the card again, re-installed the AMD drivers but encountered the same issue.  The AMD drivers will simply not allow me to choose the monitors native 2560 x 1440 resolution without enabling VSR, and then my screen becomes blurry.  I should be able to, by default, use the monitors native resolution out of the box.  Frustrating!!  Any support would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply
hrenoxx
Journeyman III

I had the same problem as you, just with LG W3000H monitor with 2560x1600 native resolution and Asus 5700XT Strix, which I fixed by purcusing the ACTIVE display port to dvi adapter that support upto 4K resolution, which costs around 30€ here. But now i have another problem - screen flickes when watching videos or playing some games, which i didn't had before with the crappy resolution (1280x800). As i search around, i see that i'm not the only one with this flickering problem either. Most say that its driver issue, but who knows. Hope this helps.

0 Likes