cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hetoimasia
Journeyman III

Unable to install graphics driver after changing storage device from hdd to ssd, and installing new windows 10

After changing my storage device from hdd to sdd, i installed new windows 10 and it automatically installed all drivers needed afterwards. However, graphics card driver could not be installed and gave error code 43. When i check the hardware information on device manager, under the display adapters section, it shows two graphics cards(one is amd r5 graphics, and the other one is amd 8500m hd). I know that my laptop has amd r5 m420 graphics card and it detects the wrong one. I literally tried every solutions that i found on the internet but could not solve my problem. Now, i even cannot change screen brightness. Are there any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Please post the exact Make & Model laptop you have.

Also you need to install the APU AMD Driver which installs both graphic drivers for the Integrated and Discrete GPUs in your laptop.

What Processor does your laptop have installed? (A8 or A6 APU)? AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

If your laptop manufacturer Support site has a fairly updated driver for your graphics, it is best to use it rather than AMD generic driver.  AMD Driver may indicate the wrong GPU but it is still good to use. Whereas your Laptop Support Driver will indicate the correct GPU you have installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Please post the exact Make & Model laptop you have.

Also you need to install the APU AMD Driver which installs both graphic drivers for the Integrated and Discrete GPUs in your laptop.

What Processor does your laptop have installed? (A8 or A6 APU)? AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

If your laptop manufacturer Support site has a fairly updated driver for your graphics, it is best to use it rather than AMD generic driver.  AMD Driver may indicate the wrong GPU but it is still good to use. Whereas your Laptop Support Driver will indicate the correct GPU you have installed.

0 Likes
hetoimasia
Journeyman III

I mounted my previous hdd, and recorded the version of amd chipset driver, and found the correct version on the product site and installed. Now, it works like a clockwork. As you have mentioned, it is better to use drivers on the product site.

Thanks!

0 Likes