cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maniac86
Adept I

Unable to force Anti-aliasing on ARK throught the driver software

Hi everyone ! I don't speak well english so, sorry in advance for my english speaking, i'll try to do my best.

I recently bought a RX570. I'm  trying to force Anti-aliasing for the game ARK,  throught the radeon setting panel but it has no effect at all.
I am very surprised, i select the overinding AA mode, 8x or 8xEQ, tried every AA type (MSAA, adaptive aa, and SSAA). I tried these options in both the ARK profile and the general profile, but absolutely no effect in quality, no drop of fps as expected. It's pretty sure now, forcing AA in this game don't work at all. I tried successfully the same operation with others games, it worked.

It's my first AMD gpu, i'm surprised to have issue to force AA. My driver is the 19.1.1.

I browse the forum to find similar issues, but most of the time, there are no answers or some genius that suggest to reinstall windows 10.

Have you idea to how to solve this issue, any suggestion?

0 Likes
4 Replies

Games don't have to respect overrides.

0 Likes

Humm, the driver have the last word on what is applied or not to the hardware. It's not the game that decide if he want respect the override of the driver, because he can't know the existence of driver final jobs like overriding...

Whatever you chose in the game, if you force anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering or anything else in the driver, you'll have what you choose in the driver.

Driver is low level and close to the hardware, games (higher level) having to respect overrides choosen by the driver, is a non-sense question, i my opinion.

0 Likes

maniac86

I know I´m a bit late to the party, but I think I can partly help.

You are right that drivers operate at a much lower level than games, but some (mainly modern games) does not support MSAA and SSAA at all, so overriding them with driver does not do a damn thing. I have heard that this is because modern games use deferred rendering, which is incompatible with MSAA/SSAA.
At the same time, it seems that AMD has clearly broke it´s overriding of AA via drivers. I have tried it with Mass Effect 3 and Mass Effect 2, where it should work on 100%, but the driver was not able to force MSAA or SSAA.

I did a quick search and found out that Ark is probably one of these games that can´t run with MSAA/SSAA.

0 Likes
maniac86
Adept I

I will remember this support when i'll buy my next GPU...