cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eugey97
Journeyman III

Ultrawide Monitors non works at 21:9 ratio with RX550 xt or AMD drivers

I have 2 ultrawide monitors LG 29WL500 (2560x1080) connected to a RX5500 xt 8gb, but they are recognized as 1920x1080...
The outputs of the monitors are HDMI and are connected to the Displayports 1.4 video inputs with two cables that begin HDMI and ended DP. These cables support up to 4k resolution and 21:9 ratio.

updated amd drivers, monitors drivers and win 10 to the latest version.

If i connect one of the two monitors with the standard HDMI cable to the HDMI input of the video card, it works. the problem is with the DP inputs. The GPU has only one HDMI port, so this doesn't allow me to run both monitors properly

Any solutions or suggestions?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Most likely it is your HDMI>DP adapter capabilities.

First you need an "Active" HD HDMI>DP adapter that supports 2560x1080 resolutions.

Something like this one from Amazon as an example only: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L1WDT9F/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08L1WDT9F&pd_rd_w=coWIf&pf_...

Screenshot 2020-12-19 181355.png

See if the adapter you have will work with 2560x1080 @ 30 hz or 25 hz.

0 Likes

mm ok, but

0 Likes

ok, I didn't know these "active" converters, but in my case I need a DP>HDMI conversion, because my GPU outputs are DisplayPort and must be connected to a HDMI Monitor, unfortunately I'm not able to find these converters, but only HDMI>DP..

however today i tried uninstalling the AMD drivers and it started working, how is that possible? i couldn't stay without drivers though...

0 Likes