cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

juniorskypl
Journeyman III

TWO graphics card detected only one working

Hi I bought my PC long time ago (about 6 years now) I got two graphic cards Radeon HD7850 linked via crossfire. Now both of them are detected but only one is working. Checked with GPU-Z, checked with AMD software only one is being detected not both of them. I`ve got latest drivers on them, I tried uninstall software and hardware nothings work. What can you guys suggest?

0 Likes
4 Replies

When you only have one GPU card installed is it recognized?  Are both recognized when you have each of them installed by itself?

Need your computer information for further help.

0 Likes

Just to be clear I'm not as very good with computers. Do you want me to try remove graphic card from motherboard or just uninstall in device management? I tried that with not working card but not with working one.

0 Likes

No, I meant to physically remove the good GPU card that is being recognized and leave in the bad GPU card that is not being recognized and see if it works.

If it doesn't, switch to a different PCIe x 16 slot on your motherboard and see if it is recognized.

By doing this you are eliminating either the GPU card or motherboard as causing the problem.

Possibly the GPU card is defective or you have a defective Motherboard (bad PCIe x16 slot).

If the GPU card is not recognized when installed by itself  and by changing PCIex16 slots then to really see if it is defective try installing that same GPU card on another computer and see if it works. If it doesn't then you probably have a defective GPU card.

also possibly your PSU might have gone bad in the respect it isn't supplying enough power for 2 GPUs installed at the same time. So by physically removing one GPU card it should work for both GPU cards if installed separately by itself.

0 Likes
juniorskypl
Journeyman III

Right so I've done your test today. I open pc and saw that one card radiator is not spinning and other yes. I removed good card and swap cables with bad card, turn on it's working. Then I swap slot of bad card from 2 to 1 where good card was, still working. Put good card back in bad card slot, bad working good no. My PSU is corsair vs650 you think is not enough? Thanks.

0 Likes