Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

StonHash
Adept I

Two 165Hz monitors but only 60Hz

good night

In October of last year I bought a new computer with a graphics card RX 5700 XT 8GB6D-3DHE / OC and later I bought 2 monitors:
https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-MAG322CQR
https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming-monitors/cq32g2se-bk
Both connected by displayport 1.4 cables should have a refresh rate of 165Hz, but I can't get a refresh rate other than 60Hz, I don't see another refresh rate, I can't change the screen resolution. I have everything updated and the drivers for the monitors are installed. MSI and AOC are unable to help me.

Who can help me please?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Hello guys HALLELUIA ... At last .... After 1 month, sending and receiving email everywhere, I finally managed to solve the problem by formatting the computer

View solution in original post

0 Likes

AOC.PNGMSI.PNG

Thank you so much for your help guys

View solution in original post

0 Likes
17 Replies
bodasactra
Adept II

Did you try going into the Windows display settings to - advanced driver settings- show all display options and setting the refresh rate and resolution there?

0 Likes

Yes, I went there. But I don't see another refresh rate, nor can I change the screen resolution. I bought new displayport cables. I've done everything.MSI.PNGMSI1.PNGMSI2.PNG

0 Likes

Right click on desktop > display settings > Advanced display settings (i have Swedish on my Windows).
So make sure that you also have the proper settings (Hz) for Your monitor, otherwise it will be locked to max 60Hz in all games and apps...

Flyfisherman_0-1618658386617.png

Flyfisherman_0-1618658236707.png

Hi
But the problem is that I don't have another update rate. The only one that appears to me is 60HzMSI3.PNG

0 Likes

Are You by any chance not allowed to change Your own settings?
Try to logon as Administrator and then You change anything.

0 Likes

I joined as an administrator but nothing has changed ... It is not easy to find a solution. I'll probably have to take the pc to the store so they can test the graphics card ...

0 Likes

Ok. but I still find it odd that every single item in your previous post is grayed out, meaning that You are not allowed to change  its settings.
Like yore are merely a standard user on Your own computer.
Do You see my point here?

Try to do this: from the Start menu > on top left > right click on Your Computer name and Log out.
Then restart > create or login as an local Administrator account (and for now skip the Microsoft account login).
If an admin password is required, it is the same one as You already typed in the first time of the Windows final installation.

Then change Your settings as preferred and logout from this, and login as a standard user with Your Microsoft account again.

If that is not working due to not having a correct password, then it is very strange that a computer salesman have You to buy  a preinstalled Windows, without You to even been able to login as Your own Administrator account.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

Thank you so much for your help and for the classes ... I'm learning new things
I did as I said to do and everything appears the same. I'm thinking about formatting the pc, do you think I could change anything?

Greetings from Portugal

0 Likes

No I'm not happy about that at all.
It is a very strange situation You have there, however sure You can try to reinstall Windows from the beginning but I am not sure if it will resolve this bu´t try.

Remember to to do a backup of important files, photos, music etc. before

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

• Make sure in your monitors' setting the DP version ist set to DP 1.2a
  • Try to change the color depth to 8bpc instead of 10bpc
0 Likes

Thanks for the help Flyfisherman.
As I don't know what else to do, maybe it will have to be.
Greetings from Portugal

0 Likes

Hello Fsadough
The MSI monitor does not accept me to switch to 8bpc and the AOC monitor is already 8bpc.
The AOC Monitor already has the DP 1.2 cable option selected and the MSI Monitor does not have that option to choose from.

0 Likes

Send me the EDID  from both monitors

0 Likes

In the pic here you are in the middle tab of the advanced settings of the adapter. Go to the first tab, in English its called adapter. Then go to list all modes. You should be able to find settings for your desired refresh rate and resolution that are possible with your hardware.

0 Likes

Hello guys HALLELUIA ... At last .... After 1 month, sending and receiving email everywhere, I finally managed to solve the problem by formatting the computer

0 Likes

AOC.PNGMSI.PNG

Thank you so much for your help guys

0 Likes

Sorry I was not more specific the first time. Enjoy!!

0 Likes