cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

darcvillager
Journeyman III

TV changes from HDMI(sound ok) to DVI-D(no sound) on its own on restarting

Why isnt my speaker output working on my HDMI TV turned monitor,while the display is fine(1920X1080,60Hz)? The speaker is fine as i have checked by different way including connecting to a laptop and setup box through HDMI.Also sometimes the display opens at same resolution but not that clear and not 100% scaled and at this time the sound output also works fine,but i have to change this and for this i just restart either my pc or just monitor and then the screen becomes fine but the sound output is gone. Every component is checked and working fine.Im using R5 3400g APU.Also every driver is updated. Screenshot(DRIVE link)- https://drive.google.com/open?id=15QmmEMJdI1P2i707z9IgcgF-5mOZr9FU I mean every time I start the computer graphic is dumb and scaling is not good but the sound from the TV/monitor Connected through HDMI comes fine. To get graphics performance I have to restart my pc every time but in this case I have to compromise with the sound there is no sound output after restarting. First photo is after cold boot and second one is after warm boot. Also you can check the monitor info from here(connected through HDMI). https://www.philips.co.in/c-p/22PFL4506_V7/4000-series-56-cm-22-inch-full-hd-1080p/specifications Also other PC components are:Gigabyte B450M DS3H(latest bios), 240gb SSD , 80gb HDD, 8gb CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3000mhz RAm,VS450 PSU. The HDMI port and cable are also fine as i have tried the same with LAPTOP. Also i have mentioned that it works fine . The only problem is cold booting welcomes SOUND and warm booting welcomes GRAPHICS. I have literally tried every thing so dont push rubbish like try reinstalling drivers or check hardware and connections. Facing this issue from a long time and thus i hope for a quick and god response from your side.
So basically why it's changing from HDMI TO DVI-D
 I noticed something, cold booting opened screen in low
> quality display graphic ( 1st pic Capture.jpeg) , however I was able to
> change the wanted resolution i.e. 1920*1080 but display quality was poor,
> however its screenshot was nothing like that , rather it was the same as
> after the warm booting(but as I say graphic was really poor). Also in
> screenshot you can see the properties are also different, however I haven’t
> changed anything. After fresh installation of driver I set the custom
> resolution 1920*1080 , but again after multiple cold\warm boot its also not
> there in the display setting(1st pic after cold boot). And I am unable to
> remove it after warm boot also as it says to change resolution to another
> but windows property doesn’t shows any other resolution except this one(3
> rd pic).Also whenever I choose factory rest it restart and opens the ddc
> 1920*1080 mode which isn’t supporting sound. Help.

I have performed following (all in vain)=
1.Installing/Re installing Graphic Driver multiple times.
2. Clean boot.
3. DDU utility driver clean up.
4.Fresh windows installation.
5.disable the windows auto update in the "Show and
> hide" tool.
6.latest BIOS and the chipset version
> available for your Motherboard.
also i have scratched whole internet in vain.
Help ASAP
0 Likes
4 Replies

You have tried everything but one of the most important Windows Settings - Windows Sound Panel.

Go to Windows Control Panel - Sound Panel or Windows Settings - Sound Panel.

When you open it see what is your "Default Audio Device"  If it isn't the AMD TV as "Default" that is your problem. Most likely it is set to your laptop sound as "Default Audio Device".

Once you set your TV as Default Audio Device it should start having sound.

Here is mine. I have a Nvidia GPU card so the Default Audio Device is under Nvidia Driver. Yours should be under AMD Driver:

I am using Bluetooth Headset as my Default Audio Device while my HT-R380 is my Onkyo Receiver (HDMI Connected to my GPU card)  I use my Receiver as a secondary Default Audio Device when I am not using my Bluetooth Headsets.

If you noticed I also have 4k LG Television connected via HDMI cable and it is showing up as LG HDR 4K in Sound Panel. IF I make that as "Default Audio Device" I will get sound from my Television set instead of any other connected audio devices.

If you don't see your TV, Right click whatever is under "Default Audio Device" and click on "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices"

Note: Your TV must be connected to the Video Output of your main Graphics display adapter so that way it should show up as being enabled or ready for use.

0 Likes
darcvillager
Journeyman III

Sound isn't the problem.The problem is that I'm unable to set custom resolution or when i do so the screen looks ugly but the second i restart pc it becomes good and the resolution sets to what i wanted and looks great but HDMI changes to DVI-D here( however i have connected it through HDMI only) . how is it possible that vega 11 shows it as DVI-D when its connected through HDMI. It happens everyday ( whether i don't change any setting).on cold boot HDMI loads up with 1360*768 resolution and works fine. But when i restart my PC it becomes DVI-D at 1920*1080 with no sound output from monitor. I am fed up with this changing resolution . what i want is a stable 1920*1080 with HDMI and monitor sound output.

0 Likes
darcvillager
Journeyman III

Well well well  got the solution.LOL. Its the fault of tv. it cant support the resolution which i want in HDMI form, rather it can support the same in video only form . reality.JPG

0 Likes
khun_doug
Elite

Not that I thoroughly understand your problem, but it appears as though sometimes the GPU is connecting via the DVI-D port, and other times through the HDMI port? So here are a few questions to help get an answer:

- Is there actually something connected to the DVI-D port on the GPU?

- Is there actually something connected to the HDMI port on the GPU?

- What type of monitor or TV are you connecting to?

- Is there more than one display output on the system (for instance, one from the GPU and one on the motherboard)?

- Are you using something like a sound bar that is between the PC and the display?

0 Likes