cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

gentrycl
Journeyman III

Trying to get Gpu to run warmer at idle

Well here is my problem My gpu a xfx r9 290x cools down to much. my gpu gets down to 50c and will not accept the voltage of 1 volt @ 1000 mhz unless it it is hotter about 85c....i keeps me from throttling.

anyone have idea on how i can make the gpu use some of its clock to stay heated due to the cards fan not allowing it to drop past 1100 rpms keeping it cool

any help would be appriciated

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Trying to get Gpu to run warmer at idle

I have to admit this is the first post about a 290x being to cool What I would suggest is to disable ULPS..give it a try...can't hurt.

Do you have Overdrive enabled in the CCC? Do you have "Target temperature" settings in Overdrive? Is your power setting at +50?

0 Kudos
goodplay
MVP

Maybe you should copy/move your "Newcomers" post over to this,some one might understand what you are trying to achieve.

And your other post re black sceen fix.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss

Easy.....Set a custom fan curve in MSI Afterburner and set it to about 20% fan speed till you hit 70-80c (your preference) then ramp it straight to 100%

0 Kudos