cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

northnine
Adept I

Trying to connect a Vega 64 to a DVI Monitor

Hi. I just bought a Radeon RX Vega 64 "Red Devil" by Power Color. I Installed it inmy System and connecting my TV to it via HDMI works fine. But I need to Connect it to my Wacom Cinitq 22HD Tablet, wich only has a DVI input. I thought that wasn't going to be a problem,sine I've tried to connect it through a DVI to HDMI Adapter to my old Graphics Card (Nvidia GTX 980) and that worked just fine. But when i connected it to the Vega 64 first I had problems getting anything displayed (but that's the fault of my Cintiq, very often it just won't detect the signal from my computer. It's usually a while of try and error, and a lot of restarting the computer aswell as the tablet until i get anything on my screen) But after a while I finally got my Cintiq to display something. But only in the Resolution of 1024 x 768 (at least I'm pretty sure it was that, it was very wrong anyway). The option to change the resolution was greyed out in the Windows options and I could not find a way to fix this. I've updated the drivers and done some research, but I couldn't really find anyone having problems with connecting DVI Monitors. Either nobody does that, or it just shouldn't be a problem... or maybe the problem is just the Cintiq? The only thing I found was, that my adapter (DVI to HDMI) could be some kind of passive adapter instead of active...

I hope someone can help me with this, because I don't realy have the option ($$$) to replace my Cintiq

Thanks, Erik

Specs:

OS   Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU   Intel Core i7 4790K 
RAM   16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Motherboard   ASUS H97-PRO
Graphics   8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (C.P. Technology)

0 Likes
9 Replies
katitan
Adept I

Hi! I have the same graphics card but from Gigabyte and bought a Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 just the other day but I just can't get it to work! The Cintiq remains black even though my PC detected a second monitor. The Cintiq is even 1st monitor but it just doesn't work. Wacom support now suggests to talk to the support of my graphics card... Gigabyte wasn't helpful so far. 
I can't replace my graphics card because it's too expensive and actually it works with 4k monitors as I tested before.

0 Likes

Hi, does this tablet also only have a DVI Input? So are you using an adapter or is it connected to your croahics card directly via displayport or hdmi?

0 Likes

No, I tried both DisplayPort and HDMI.

Now suddenly I got an input but it's stretched 4:3 with a ridiculously low resolution and no matter how I change it every other resolution results in "No Signal".

0 Likes

get a new panel with DisplayPort 1.4 capability

DVI is long obsolete

0 Likes

Thanks for not reading the question at at all... It's a graphics tablet with a built in display that costs around 2.000 $ I'm not going to go and just buy another one!

But I've solved the problem already by just switching back to my old gpu, because the vega wasn't working correctly anyway (I had another Monitor to connect it to).

0 Likes

a different Wacom tablet without a display can do the job as I use them myself

0 Likes

Maybe a touch screen tablet or convertible might be an option to consider, some like iPad pro can use a stylus for detailed work etc

0 Likes
northnine
Adept I

Well I've fixed all my problems by selling the AMD card and buying a new Nvidia card. I guess no team red for me...

0 Likes

My AM4 board has DVI on it which uses the integrated graphics of my R5 2400G

My GTX 1060 has one DVI with several DisplayPort and one HDMI on it.

Most Polaris cards have DVI but the Vega 56 and Vega 64 do not from the vendors models I have seen.

0 Likes