cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

peterboy1983
Journeyman III

Trouble with online players (and general graphics delays)

Hi,

First off, I apologise for not being too technical, so some of my terms will be a little basic.

I recently purchased a new computer which came with the AMD Radeon R7 graphics - and I've had a series of issues relating to graphic/display - and having tried various things out have had no joy.

I am unable to view some players, especially Sky GO (this 1 I have worked with Sky for 3 weeks, and they have concluded that I need to speak to manufacturer/graphics provider)

Additionally, when a page loads up, I catch a very brief glance of the page, then it loads up - which means any slight change appears to have a lag involved. (N.B I am using Internet Explorer 11 for these (Sky GO doesn't support anything else.) The lag problem isn't just internet based, most programs seem to have this little display lag.

I have very little else on the computer currently, and even before I updated drivers, had no joy. I couldn't see any prior question about this, so I'm hoping someone might be able to offer a suggestion, or is R7 not compatible with players (my previous computer was around 10 years old, but was able to run these.)

Thanks,

Peter

--

System Description

AMD Graphic card = I'm not 100% how to put this - In the settings it says "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics (Primary)" which is also the chipset. There are loads of other pieces of information, but I hope that's enough - I have updated the drivers to 17.4.4

Desktop

O/S = Windows 10 (presumably 64 bit (that's what the graphic card detected)

Computer Model = Aspire TC-280 (By Acer)

Processor = AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+ 8G 3.50 GHz

RAM = 8GB

Monitor = S241HL (Resolution 1920 x 1080)

Motherboard - No idea how to find this ou.

0 Likes
4 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: Trouble with online players (and general graphics delays)

So we are to assume that you have no discrete (separate) graphics card? Just the IGP graphics in the APU processor?

This is how you select the correct drivers for your computer > Download Drivers

Correct driver (full version always) > http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/apu?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064  This is the only driver you install.

peterboy1983
Journeyman III

Hi Kingfish,

Thanks for your prompt response - I went through the process, but essentially, it only re-installed the same latest driver, which I had.

I've considered that something is up with the processor. There is one program I use (a chess program, which I've used for years) and each time a move was recorded, it would have to reload the whole graphic, just to update the extra move, rather than just adding it - Which is similar to the thing I see on some website (including this website.) I can't work out why that would be processor related, yet I can't see aside from upgrading drivers what more I can do.

Cheers,

Peter

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Do you have the laptop power plan set to "Performance" (not balanced) ?

Laptop plugged in?

0 Likes
peterboy1983
Journeyman III

Hi Kingfish,

I have made the adjustment - I'm not sure exactly what the impact of this would be. I have tried for a couple of days to see if anything has changed, but this appears not to be specifically doing anything. The problems as per my original post persist sadly.

Note - It's a PC, not a laptop (Not sure if that makes a difference.)

0 Likes