cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cntrlaltdel
Journeyman III

Too Dark with Pixel format set to RGB 4:4:4 Full

I have an issue where my monitor (Samsung S24E390HL 24" 1920x1080 LED PLS-panel) shows blacks/shadows too dark the other colours all like completely vibrant and beautiful but the areas which are darker are almost completely blacked out to a point where you cant see any detail. If I switch the AMD pixel format setting to RGB 4:4:4 Limited the colours all appear washed out. I'm using an MSI Twin Frozr II 7850 Power Edition 2GB GPU for my display via HDMI. I've also tried 3 high quality HDMI cables all the same issue appears in all of them.

I've tried the general DDU completely uninstall the amd driver and reinstall fresh among other things but nothing fixes this. I'm currently on the latest windows 10 Pro x64 build. 16299.248

0 Likes
1 Solution
ajlueke
Grandmaster

It sounds like your monitor is expecting a limited (16-235) signal.  For Samsung models this can be resolved by setting the PC to RGB full and then navigating your monitor main menu and scroll down through the ‘Picture’ options until you reach ‘HDMI Black Level’. Change this from the default ‘Low’ to ‘Normal’.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fsadough

Did you try to use "Adjust Screen Brightness"?

0 Likes
ajlueke
Grandmaster

It sounds like your monitor is expecting a limited (16-235) signal.  For Samsung models this can be resolved by setting the PC to RGB full and then navigating your monitor main menu and scroll down through the ‘Picture’ options until you reach ‘HDMI Black Level’. Change this from the default ‘Low’ to ‘Normal’.

Adjusting the HDMI Black Level from default setting "Low" to "Normal" fixed this issue entirely. Thank you.

0 Likes

You are a genius! Thank you.