cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sebakke
Adept I

TIP: 6900XT used with HP Reverb G2 VR headset - Solution to one display being black/off

I recently got a Radeon 6900xt.  In general, it has been pretty good in regular games.  However, when I plugged in my headset and while it connected, the right eye did not turn on.   I tested that this works fine with a 5600xt and a 3060 card, so there was something specific to the AMD card.   After calling HP customer support, they eventually suggested a workaround that solved my problem. 

In Windows Mixed Reality portal, connect the headset and then go into the mixed reality settings.  To quote:

"To fix this Upscaling issue to go to Settings -> Mixed Reality -> Headset -> Resolution.  There should be a drop down to let you select between “4320 x 2160 (best quality)” and “Automatic upscaling (best performance)”.  When you have “Automatic upscaling (best performance)” selected you will reproduce the issue.  You have to have your headset plugged into the computer in order for that option to show up.  If you switch it back to “4320 x 2160 (best quality)” you should be fine."

So the issue was that it was set to do upscaling and at least with driver version 21.8.2, this doesn't work and you get the blank right eye.  Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

0 Replies