cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nielss
Journeyman III

Thread stuck in device driver RX 570

Hi, so i had an older pc that i was going to sell. i know the pc was perfectly working but when i went to put the gpu i bought for it in i got a blue screen with "thread stuck in device driver" Everytime i try to download the drivers for the GPU
everything else works fine the gpu displays aswell it just messes up when i install the drivers 
Im using
Windows 10 Pro
AMD FX 8120 
MSI 970A-46 Motherboard
RX 570 Expedition 4GB

0 Likes
2 Replies
Nielss
Journeyman III

should add i tested it by using it on my main pc aswell
Ryzen 7 2700X
B450-F 
32GB Gskill trident Z 3600MHz

which also gave me the same error when it tried to install the drivers by itself

0 Likes

How are you installing the drivers. If you are doing the update from within Radeon Settings that can be problematic. 

I would strongly suggest you go to the AMD website download page and download the driver.

Disconnect your computer from the Internet and install the driver with the factory reset option.

Report back if that does not help.

@Nielss wrote:

Hi, so i had an older pc that i was going to sell. i know the pc was perfectly working but when i went to put the gpu i bought for it in i got a blue screen with "thread stuck in device driver" Everytime i try to download the drivers for the GPU
everything else works fine the gpu displays aswell it just messes up when i install the drivers 
Im using
Windows 10 Pro
AMD FX 8120 
MSI 970A-46 Motherboard
RX 570 Expedition 4GB

0 Likes