cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kenji1
Adept I

Thick horizontal colorful bar on the top of the screen & black bar on the bottom screen

I didn't do anything to my computer at all today, (didn't download/install anything at all either), but randomly today when I was playing a game, colorful lines started appearing on my screen. I think they started in the middle or bottom but then they started taking over literally.

As always I was playing at 165hz, and this problem doesn't occur when I'm using 120hz or below. But this is a 165hz monitor so I wanna keep using the 165hz, so what do I do? Here's some images:

IMG_0374[122].jpg

 AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

(I tried changing GPU's and nothing changed, same thing for restarting, changing screen sizes and shutting down. Any help appreciated!) 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kenji1
Adept I

I think I just have to get a new monitor, my dad reported the same issue a few months back.

If you have anything though, let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Kenji1
Adept I

Anyone have anything yet?

0 Likes

Re-seat your monitor cable and/or try another cable.

I've already tried different cables, display port and HDMI port. Same result.

0 Likes
Kenji1
Adept I

I think I just have to get a new monitor, my dad reported the same issue a few months back.

If you have anything though, let me know.

0 Likes

I was gonna say, try another monitor and/or try the monitor with another computer.

I can think of one other solution: you could try setting the color depth to 8 bit. Some monitors don't support 10 bit color above 144hz. 

0 Likes