cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

curse127
Adept III

The strip on the screen flickers

In some games (for example, control), at the top of the screen some kind of strip flickers. Always in the same place.
Is it a marriage of a video card or a problem in the drivers?

0 Likes
1 Solution
curse127
Adept III

All. Now I definitely found the reason!

In the driver settings. Create a custom extension and change the synchronization standard! Switching to CVT helped me! On CVT (low noise level) - it stands by default - the strip flickers again! He returned to CVT and there is no flickering stripes again!

I think those who are experiencing problems with with flickering stripes try different options for this option to find the best one for their monitor.

Thanks to all. The problem is found and resolved. Sorry for bad english. I use google translate.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

There may be a driver problem. I have a similar problem with DX11. Do you have the same problem with DX12?

0 Likes

Yes, there is a problem in both dx11 and dx12.

The problem is in the drivers or windows version. I updated the chipset driver, and the video card stopped being detected in the control panel and sapphire trixx , a flickering bar disappeared in the "control". But, the game closes after loading.

On another forum they write that they have no problems with this. But they have windows 1809.

Most likely the problem is in it.

Strange approach AMD. Build 1909 is coming soon, and problems in 1903 ...

0 Likes

I suggest you contact AMD. You must find out the cause. My problem with yours is very different.  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

curse127
Adept III

Video

screen flicker - YouTube 

My monitor 75 ghz HDMI

Windows 10 1903

Driver 19.9.1

curse127
Adept III

In general, updating (clean installation) of the driver 19.9.2 did not help. Problem still exists.
In two more games, in the same place, this strip flickers. Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Divinity Original Sin 2.
Only enchanced sync saves from all problems. So this is not a hardware problem.
Also, the strip does not blink if you put the game in windowed mode with a frame or turn on the trixx boost.

0 Likes
nordvargr
Adept III

I have the same issue (flickering strip at the top of the screen) but in my case (i haven't checked in Control yet) it shows up on my desktop when I play/minimize game in windowed mode. So far I haven't noticed this problem in-game or in full screen mode, but I've only tested world of warcraft & diablo 3. 

My specs below:

Monitor aoc q3279vwf (refresh rate set to 60hz)

PowerColor RED DEVIL Radeon RX 5700 XT (freesync & enhanced sync turned off in radeon settings).

Driver version 19.9.2

0 Likes
curse127
Adept III

I found a solution to my problem. In the driver settings, I created a custom extension with 75Hz. Then in the display settings (in Windows) I set 60Hz, and then again switched to 75Hz. Now the strip does not flicker. Freesync, Enchanced sync, no sync - no problem.

So you basically changed your monitor's refresh rate to 75Hz. The question is, why this flickering strip appears when your monitor is set to 60Hz? Bad AMD drivers?

0 Likes
curse127
Adept III

All. Now I definitely found the reason!

In the driver settings. Create a custom extension and change the synchronization standard! Switching to CVT helped me! On CVT (low noise level) - it stands by default - the strip flickers again! He returned to CVT and there is no flickering stripes again!

I think those who are experiencing problems with with flickering stripes try different options for this option to find the best one for their monitor.

Thanks to all. The problem is found and resolved. Sorry for bad english. I use google translate.

Thanks for the info curse, but I really hope that AMD will fix it in the next revision od their drivers.

0 Likes