cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

germitey
Adept I

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920 x 1200 @50ghz or any other monitor listing as per the monitor specifications.

This is the error message I get intermittently and without warning!!

The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920 x 1200 @50ghz or any other monitor listing as per the monitor specifications.

Why is this occurring all of  a sudden, my system is nearly 4  years old, its a dell xps 8700, 32gb memory,  amd radeon R9 200 series graphics card, drivers are up to date,  tried a second monitor and same problem.

Is it the graphics card and if so has the warranty expired,  date of purchase 14 July 2014.  Fault started last week,   the OS is Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Can you advise how to fix please as the only way I can get monitor back is a hard re-boot and then I get chrome saying " Not shutdown etc.  The monitor is a dell ultrasharp 23 ins.

thank you

germitey

0 Likes
1 Solution
germitey
Adept I

Just for information in case anyone else has same problem.  I changed the graphics card, not Radeon and problem solved.  Had card for over 3 weeks now and everything is perfect.  I will steer clear of Radeon for now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies