Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Enterenn
Adept I

TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE on RX 5700XT

Hello.

I've mounted a new pc with my 5700xt I previously had. But now I keep having BSOD TDR_VIDEO_FAILURE.
All my drivers are up to date, Windows too.

I've tried with 2 motherboard (same model, i sent back the first one : AORUS B550 PRO AX (mini ITX))

Everything is in the NZXT H1 case, could the problem come from the extension cable ?

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
6 Replies
psyastral
Journeyman III

look youtube for tdr failure maybe find solution

0 Likes

I've tried everything said on youtube videos already.
Drivers are up to date, windows is fresh new and clean, sfc /scannow can't find any corrupted file.

Either my issue come from my motherboard, it's my second one. Or from my case which have an extension cable for the GPU

0 Likes

older drivers?

0 Likes

Yes, I just tried with older drivers. Same issues

Actually I don't have the bsod anymore, but everytime I launch my computer I have my screen flickering, black screen, laggy mouse, boot loop, and when pc is finally booted, I get a message from Radeon software about drivers timeout. 

0 Likes

I have this gpu since may, never had this issue before, but in this new system I keep having issues.. 

0 Likes

I had a similar problem with a used HD 5870 that I picked up from eBay.  Bugcheck 0x116 (VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE) in atikmpag.sys.  I tried both of the Windows 7 driver versions available on AMD's support site (15.7.1 & 16.2.1 Beta), but could not get to a stable configuration.  In my case, I finally concluded the card was bad, but I didn't have a previous track record with the card (like you do).

The Microsoft article on your bugcheck is here in case you haven't seen it.  It appears to be a variation on the "watchdog" bugchecks introduced in Vista, where the graphics driver hangs & Windows writes a kernel dump so that there is something to debug.  Does the fan on your GPU go to max speed at the time of the bugcheck?

I doubt it's because of your motherboard or the power supply, but if you end up concluding that, let us know.      -BGU

0 Likes