Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sarahlu
Journeyman III

TDR Failure

Hello,

I am having problems with a new laptop and was wondering if anyone could help.  I am not a very technical person, so if I have not included any information in here please forgive me.

I am using an Acer Swift 3 with Ryzen 5 Processor and Vega 8 graphics.  I am repeatedly getting a blue screen error which says TDR failure (see screenshot).  This tends to happen when watching Youtube videos, although it happened this morning and no video was playing.  I have been in regular contact with the shop I bought from and Acer and on their advice I have done the following:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled graphics card

- Tried to update drivers (manually within device manager - says best drivers are already installed.  Also tried AMD detection utility - unable to find drivers)

- Updated BIOS

- Factory reset the laptop

The problem has not been resolved and they now say they don't know what else to try and advise I exchange or get a refund.  I would rather not do this as I'm happy with the laptop otherwise.  This is already the second one I've had, exchanged the first one due to other display related issues, although I wasn't getting a blue screen.

Another screenshot shows the current driver I have.  Is anyone aware of what might be causing this problem and how I can fix it?  If there is any more information I can provide please let me know.  If anyone knows how to fix it and can instruct me I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
10 Replies