cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

johnalba12345
Journeyman III

Switched BIOS crash

Bought a Sapphire Nitro+ rx 580 8gb and I'm having problems. When I switch the bios to the right(on the physical GPU), load my pc, and open my AMD drivers or load a game, the driver will crash and give strange colors. When I switch the bios to the left(on physical GPU), the problem is resolved and crashing problems are fixed.

Here is when I turned the bios to the left.

BIOSSWITCHTOTHELEFT.jpg

Here is when I turn the bios to the right 

BIOSSWITCHTOTHERIGHT.jpg

Here is what will occur when I do switch the bios to the right.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Is this a previous owned/used card ?

Your two gpu-z pics, one shows Hynix Mem. type and the other Micron.

Not being familiar with  rx580, I can't say if that is normal.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

It's very clear ... AMD drivers don't have as much OC potential as they used to. AMD users with such failures may be recommended to use OC GPUs with standard speeds (1340Mhz for you). The problem is that ... The GPU cannot run properly with 1411Mhz. Should use it with 1340Mhz. In addition, GPUZ determines the MEM brand by timing, I guess.

AMD can also solve this problem with rebuild using old source code. It's too late now. For 1411Mhz I recommend using a driver of 19.7.1 or earlier.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-3-4
Try this driver for 1411Mhz and share the result if you want.

0 Likes

My RX 480 is 1306 factory overclocked and 1411 is definitely way up there for the logic.

Check with TechPowerUp and see if the proper ROM for the card is available. Then you can reprogram the card back to normal.

0 Likes