cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nethor
Journeyman III

Switchable Graphics Problem - Done my research

Hello. I would like to explain my problem and see if anyone is able to help me sort this out...

I have a HP Pavilion 15-aw002nm and the problem is in switchable graphics on win10.
Since i wont bother you with how we get to these problems, i see that this is a topic going on for years now. I see some people solving it and stuff but never for my specific problem.
So i have an integrated R5 510mb Vram and R7 dedicated 4gb Vram.
The problem is that i tryed solving this by clean install a several times with different methods, ddu driver cleaning in safe mode, turning off windows updates and all of that and im still doing something wrong. When i install win7 it does give a lot better performance when using AMD CCC but i want windows 10 and i want this to work.
The problem is that every website where i check the laptop it says that my R7 is 440 series but the drivers that get installed in win10 is for 340. Why? I cant find and download a standalone driver of this card. Only radeon adrenalin software that does install only 340. I cant find any manual drivers?
Also when i go to graphic settings and try changing a game (WoW) to high performance it only shows R5 as both normal and high performance...Also changed my battery settings to max performance. Nothing ever works!
Im not sure but i did update something in bios while on it but that didnt change eather... My laptop is showing problems as if really some drivers are messed up and im sure its about that its showing that i have 340 and not 440.
My PC is slow even if i have 8GB ram and A9 cpu it should run WoW pritty well. On win7 my recommended settings in WoW were on 7 while looking on a scale of 1 to 10 in in-game settings. Now its only 3 and i even have stutter if i set it on 1. PUBG lite also runs pritty lame on low graphics settings and i cant find a way to solve this.
I am willing to reinstall my Win10 and go step by step for this but something is pritty much wrong.
As soon as i install drivers on Win7 the fan in the laptop goes crazy and laptop starts the normal heating process but never on win10... its like i just dont have that GPU. Please help asap because i dont need a new laptop or pc to play wow and pubg lite in my free time. I want to solve this very bad!
Also tryed GTA V it shows in its settings that i have only 512mb of Vram. When im looking at the process monitoring window no matter if its a radeon performance monitor or just task manager, its just dead!?

This is where i got the laptop from

Laptop HP Pavilion 15-aw002nm 15.6"FHD AG,AMD A9-9410 2.9GHz/8GB/1TB/R7M440 4GB/BT/HDMI - WinWin 
It says it has 440 GPU im also sharing a few photos of the problem!
Sometimes the GPU performance shows like its alive but never gets to use its potential.
I am sure that i need to install the 440 driver manualy but i cant find a way. I want a clean install and no additional updates and software that are not neccessery. This auto-detect tool is lame and adrenaline software is not doing its job verry good.
Also wanna add that i tryed also some of the legacy drivers and CCC on win10 but only to find it making more problems by just being alone or together...

0 Likes
4 Replies
nethor
Journeyman III

The video card seems to be active when i install another AMD ATI software/driver like ccc, relive, ive mixed them all up. WoW seems to give life to the GPU with no intention to using its full power since i cant hear the cooler getting faster nor does the laptop starting to heat up. I do want it to heat up.
Like there is a point it needs to figure out when to go "super saiyan" and break the limit of using just a bit of its resources and jump to serious work as before?
There is nothing wrong with my GPU, never spilled on or smashed the laptop anywhere, it works perfect on win7 but i miss so many things on win7...
Tryed the new Warcraft III Reforged. It wont even load the starting screen and when it does, my eyes hurt of how much stutter i get.
A little reminder when i was playing GTA IV on this laptop with win7 on it. I was playing the game a bit untill the temp went a little bit up and it starts to run smoothly. But it was almost an instant like 3min in-game, i get to the point of heating. Imagine having a laptop that doesnt overheat at all? I remember it burning my legs while playing FC3 while in bed xD

What also crossed my mind is my power outlet or how should i say it... ive had my laptop plugged directly into a wall, not those with more slots. Didnt get better.
Also here is more screenshots of what i  got...
Notice how sometimes i get it to work. Its just dead, it doesnt raise fps, nor any kind of performance. Sometimes in WoW its stable with the graph but it still stops at around 1000mhz not sure if i need to clock it or something?
Even CPUz doesnt show the r7 graphics

edit: added photos of ultra, low, recommended settings in wow pics 007 8 9. seems the graph is stable but thats not even close to what i need. i get good fps only on the lowest setting
reffer to 7 as ultra 8 the lowest and 9 the recommended settings of wow and its 3 on a scale to 10

0 Likes

It cant be that for months ive been on this and people have just been quitting on it? I dont understand. Cant AMD give me like a forced m440 driver installation? since everything detects m340...im gonna downgrade again to win7 just to prove it to you.
also ive updated bios and graphics from HP website looking for my product... but im found only 15-aw000 as series and when updated bios ive had like big fan performance while installing...hoped it fixed the problem but to no success

0 Likes

haha ikr. I have been trying to solve the same exact problem with the same exact methods for years (2.5yrs to be exact) but nothing ever works. Mine is an 15-aw006nt it shows R7 M340 on the latest drivers and R8 on the OEM drivers from 2016 and I have finally come to the conclusion that either the card doesn't support Win-10 or HP doesn't supply us with the drivers that support it. Win-10 came in 2015 so that might be right. 

0 Likes

Does it work on Win 8 too? If so I'm planning on Dual Booting and switching between OS when I want to play high end games. You could also try that!

0 Likes