cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

styer27
Adept I

Switchable graphics not working after bios update and flash

Hi guys, i recently updated my drivers for my MSI GX60 destroyer via the MSI mainpage, i followed instructions very carefully. Once the procedure was complete, i noticed when starting a game, the power light did not turn blue to indicate the graphics switch, this in turn is causing major overheating and i can only get 10mins of play before the cpu overheats or i close the program before it does.

- I have updated all my drivers via the AMD auto update tool, problem still persists.

- I checked to see if everything was normal in my devices, everything appears fine.

- I have noticed similar posts about this when upgrading to windows 10, but im still using the factory provided windows 8.1

- I have restored my laptop to factory standards hoping that would fix the problem, it didnt.

This is a cpu breaking issue, even while restoring my system to default factory standard my cpu overheated and shut down halfway, i cant see y laptop lasting very long under these conditions and i need a solution asap. If anyone has some advice on how to fix this issue, or even reverse the updates so i can go back to how it was last month i would be very appreciative.

Thanks guys.

0 Likes
4 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Re: Switchable graphics not working after bios update and flash

Have you read this?

Laptop graphics update...How to

How to Configure Laptop Switchable Graphics

As far as rolling back to the default settings, you may want to check with MSI.

styer27
Adept I

Yup, like i said above, i have updated my drivers. And yes, i know how to use the CCC.

styer27
Adept I

Nice passing the buck to MSI btw, but my laptop works great, very reliable product, the only part that has failed is your AMD part attached to it.

Knew i should have went with NIVIDIA, at least over there i would have had some decent advice by now.

Close the thread ill go elsewhere for help.

styer27
Adept I

And what kind of loser clicks "helpful" button on his own advice? stupid.

I can do that too.