Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

jvtrigo
Journeyman III

switchable graphics - not keeping power saving mode in some apps

Hello guys,

i´m running Radeon Software Version: 17.11.4 on my HD7730M.

The problem is that AMD GPU has been active enven when using OFFICE apps like Outlook.

If I go to SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS I can change OUTLOOK (or other office appss) to Power Saving but after I reopen the applications power setting automaticly changes back to HIGH PERFORMANCE.

I have tried reinstalling GPU drivers and OFFICE.

Please see print screens. first image OUTLOOK closed no GPU activity, Second image OUTLOOK open ang GPU is active.

Don´t know what esle to do.

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).png

Thank you.

JV

0 Likes
3 Replies
ska
Journeyman III

Re: switchable graphics - not keeping power saving mode in some apps

I recently updated to adrenalin 18.2.1 and I have the same problem since I play League of Legends I have some fps drop during the game with my card R7 M260 even if i play with low graphics and I want to switch to Intel but each time I choose power saving mode instantly after I close AMD radeon it change back to high performance !

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I don't have anything with switchable graphics of my own to offer much help. But from your picture I do see a possible area of conflict. Afterburner does not play nice with the new adrenaline drivers. I think I might try uninstalling that and see if it helps. If not maybe then do a clean install of the adrenaline drivers again after Afterburner uninstalled. This being an old thread OP may have found the issue maybe this will help the reply post.  This link may also offer help: Laptop graphics update...How to

0 Likes
ska
Journeyman III

I dont use afterburner, while I play on laptop but i do have same issue, so I think it might be a bug on the adrenalin drivers !

0 Likes