cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AdamAMD
Adept I

Support for multiple monitors?

I'm trying to determine whether my Lenovo ThinkBook supports two external monitors and am following this tutorial.  The first step is to determine if my graphics card supports multiple monitors.  I've searched the forum but couldn't find the answer for this specific graphics card.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction to get this answer. 

From Device Manager, I have two "Display adapters"

1. Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
  2. Radeon 540X series  (I'm assuming this is the one to pay attention to)

Radeon driver vs 26.20.11018.6

0 Likes
1 Solution

Found this Lenovo ThinkBook 14s IWL Spec PDF from Lenovo Support:

Screenshot 2021-02-08 204129.png

Your Lenovo Laptop model supports up 3 External Independent Displays according to the above PDF Spec sheet from Lenovo concerning your Laptop.

Note: Using USB-C instead of HDMI port will give you better Resolution and frequency. USB-C @60hz while HDMI @30hz for the same Resolution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

It would be mighty helpful to know the exact Laptop model you have and what Video output ports is available.

Thanks, @elstaci 

Lenovo ThinkBook 14s IWL

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 pro

Video output port is an HDMI

0 Likes

Found this Lenovo ThinkBook 14s IWL Spec PDF from Lenovo Support:

Screenshot 2021-02-08 204129.png

Your Lenovo Laptop model supports up 3 External Independent Displays according to the above PDF Spec sheet from Lenovo concerning your Laptop.

Note: Using USB-C instead of HDMI port will give you better Resolution and frequency. USB-C @60hz while HDMI @30hz for the same Resolution.

Thanks so much.  Terrific help.