cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ramenrider
Adept II

[Suggestion] Selecting "eSports" in the graphics profile does nothing to help with input lag.

Games still default to Freesync "On." AMD please give us a way to turn it off globally for all games...

I tried posting on r/AMD but any mention of "input lag" is met with vitriol and misinformation. People are assuming that Settings > Display option will turn off Freesync for games but that's not true. It only turns it off for the desktop. 

AMD Radeon Optimal settings.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies
ramenrider
Adept II

I just found out Anti-Lag either doesn't work in the latest patch, or has never worked. Will make video evidence soon.

0 Likes

1. FreeSync works as intended
2. Anti-Lag works as intended (it often lowers the input-lag to 1 GPU-frame after CPU-frame in most APIs (DX11 is a little tricky here))

so i guess you have a faulty driver setting or software installed that makes problems.

btw - if you disable FreeSync globally it is OFF and this with ANY resolution

question: are you gaming on a laptop?

ps the equipment needed to show that Anti-Lag is not working as intended is VERY expensive - like 10k$

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Maybe the driver is broken, or maybe it's working as intended.

You are only supposed to use it when you are maxing frames in a game. If your GPU is not hitting it's max, it will cause more input lag and or stuttering. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CKnJ5ujL_Q

I'm quoting AMD here, "The new Radeon Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software is designed to help reduce input lag in GPU-limited cases." This feature is still for the gpu being limited which is what battlenonsense tested. I know any type of sync will have input lag, but freesync or g sync is close to nothing, AND and turning on windows 10 game mode does decrease input lag, both proofs here FreeSync vs. G-Sync Delay Analysis  .  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVNRNOcLUuA&feature=youtu.be&t=599

0 Likes