cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Zhero
Journeyman III

Sudden problem with Radeon R9 280x BIOS?

Hello.
I'm having a problem with a Radeon R9 280x Vapor-X card. Yesterday my hackintosh rebooted suddenly and now, when I start the PC I see the graphic's card BIOS screen instead of the Gigabyte Motherboard BIOS. See the attached picture.
If I disconnect the card and use the onboard graphics card the system boots ok and I see the correct motherboard BIOS screen.
Could it be a problem with the bios card? I even tryed with "second bios" button of this ATI card but nothing changed.

Now I'm looking to re write bios rom on the card. Any advices?

Thank you all.

Boot screen with Radeon
0 Likes
1 Solution

You need to post your computer's Hardware and Software installed (Make & Models & versions).

That isn't a image of your vBIOS rather the BIOS from your Motherboard (AMI).

I don't believe you can view the vBIOS without a special software.

Those artifacts showing in the image could be caused by Overheating GPU, Defective GPU card, or Overclocking the GPU.

I don't believe it is the AMD Driver since it isn't loaded yet when POST or BIOS is showing.

You can always uninstall the AMD Driver in Safe Mode if you can enter Safe Mode and see if the issue continues.

Does your motherboard have a VGA Trouble LED lit up or some other Trouble LED when it crashes into BIOS?

If you GPU card is not Overheating nor Overclocked it is a good chance it is going bad or is bad.

Best way to check is by installing the GPU card on another computer and see if it has the same issue. This will eliminate your computer hardware or software plus verify your GPU card is defective.

Possibly installing the vBIOS again might help but if it doesn't then it probably is a bad GPU Card.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You need to post your computer's Hardware and Software installed (Make & Models & versions).

That isn't a image of your vBIOS rather the BIOS from your Motherboard (AMI).

I don't believe you can view the vBIOS without a special software.

Those artifacts showing in the image could be caused by Overheating GPU, Defective GPU card, or Overclocking the GPU.

I don't believe it is the AMD Driver since it isn't loaded yet when POST or BIOS is showing.

You can always uninstall the AMD Driver in Safe Mode if you can enter Safe Mode and see if the issue continues.

Does your motherboard have a VGA Trouble LED lit up or some other Trouble LED when it crashes into BIOS?

If you GPU card is not Overheating nor Overclocked it is a good chance it is going bad or is bad.

Best way to check is by installing the GPU card on another computer and see if it has the same issue. This will eliminate your computer hardware or software plus verify your GPU card is defective.

Possibly installing the vBIOS again might help but if it doesn't then it probably is a bad GPU Card.

This is not bios issue. Your Gpu have hardware issue. Some of the BGA GPU CHIP connection with PCB disconnected. To fix this you have to send to service person who know how to reball GPU.

0 Likes