Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

grantelb4rt
Adept II

Sudden death of Sapphire R9 Fury?

Hello Guys and Girls,

is it possible for my Graphicscard to just have suddenly died? I was casually browsing the Internet, suddenly both my Monitors went dark, the PC shut down and restarted itself. First thought was a Powerloss, but the Monitors and all other Electronics were still running. After that there was no more Video signal from my R9 Fury Nitro. But I heard the Windows welcome sound, so I plugged my Monitor into the onboard GPU where I got a Video Signal.

In the Device-Manager the only Videocard shown was the Intel iGPU one. Same with the BIOS, the Mainboard did not even recognize that there was a Card installed in the PCI-E Slot.

So naturally i tried the following:

1. Reseating Power Cables and Videocard
  2. clear CMOS
  3. flash new BIOS
  4. switching V-BIOS (BIOS Button on Card)
  5. second PCI-E slot
  6. different Video output
  7. only Keyboard plugged into PC
  8. checking PSU Voltage on PCI-E Connectors (was at 12.17V)

But all of those things didnt have any success.

The GPU in a different PC yields the same results. A different Videocard is recognized, so the Mainboard and CPU are not at Fault.

I had issues with the DP Video out since I had the Card. Could this be a late effect of that Problem? (Video of the Issue: Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro Screen Flickering - YouTube )

Anybody else had similar Problems with any Graphicscard? Really would be a shame if that card died on me after 1.5 years, especially considering the current Videocard market...

I have the feeling that there is nothing I can do, but I thought I might as well ask for some other Opinions

System specs:

• i5 3570k
  • Asus P8Z77-V
  • 4x4GB 1333Mhz DDR3
  • Superflower Amptec 750W
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Benq GW2765
0 Likes
49 Replies