cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Borg_0_AMD
Journeyman III

subject Re:lost AMD R5 340X high resolution settings after BIOS chip swap...

Hello AMD forum members,
i have recently run into a problem with my AMD R5 gpu resolution settings,and am wondering if anyone can help me out with this gpu resolution problem ; before i swapped out my Biostar MB BIOS chip i was able to get 1900 horizontal "P"(1300 vertical "P"??) resolution settings for my R5 340X GPU,but after the "Biostar" BIOS chip swap i am only able to get 1600 horizontal "P"(1200 V "P"???)....so basically i would like to know if the reduced resolution settings is AMD software related,BIOS chip firmware related or none of the aforementioned??

FWiW,i can probably live with the current resolution setting~~1600 X 1200 "P"(maximum setting allowed in AMD Radeon software!)...but would like to know where my 1900 X 1300(?) settings went after replacing my Biostar BIOS chip!!??!!

Thanks in advance for any/all replies to this AMD custom resolution issue!!

0 Likes
1 Reply

You didn't mention any information on your computer and Monitor and how it is connected to the GPU. So I will just be guessing in my next replies.

First see if by updating the AMD driver you are able to get a higher resolution again from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r5-series/amd-radeon-r5-300-series/amd-radeon-r5-...

Even though the above driver is for the R5 340 AMD GPU card it should work for your AMD OEM GPU Card which is based on the R5 340 GPU card.

If that doesn't work then make sure that in Windows Settings - Display, Radeon Settings, & on your monitor you have every configured for the higher Resolution.

Otherwise since it had a higher resolution with the old BIOS Chip that was replaced by a new BIOS Chip it seems like the problem is with your BIOS.

It is possible when they replaced the old BIOS chip with the new BIOS Chip, the new BIOS Chip has an older BIOS Version installed.

So see if you can update the BIOS version to the latest for your motherboard from BIOSTAR's Support Motherboard download site.

0 Likes