Stutters / Load and Clocks Drop down RX 7900 XT

Hey,

System Specs:

Ryzen 7 5800X

X570S Aorus Pro AX

Sapphire RX 7900 XT 20Gb

64 GB 3600 Ram

PSU: 1.000 Watts

So, this week i bought the Sapphire RX 7900 XT. After installing the card i tested it with some games (i.e. The new Dead space,  Hitman 3, Marvels Midnight suns). The Framerate is usually pretty high, except for Microstutters / short freezes (1-2 Seconds) that sometimes occur. They seem to happen when:

- The game loads an area or on other games when some "new" Effects are shown for the first time (i.E. a sudden Fire).

Using MSI afterburner and Watching the Task Manager, i noticed that, when the Microstutters occur, both the GPU and CPU are dipping low in Load (i.E: from 90% Load to 40% for 1-2 seconds). Not only the load gets reduce but also the CPU and GPU clocks are going down.

This only happens on games with high GPU usage and it does not matter whether the game is installed on a SSD or M2, so i ruled out the hard disks.

The following things i tried:

- Reinstalling windows (fresh install)

- using other Power Cables for the GPU

- Using different install folders (other Harddisks to rule out a HDD problem)

- Thinking its the Powersupply, i used 3 different calculators, each calculator said 800 Watts PSUs are fine.

now i am at a loss. Since i only changed the GPU recently, i can rule out every other piece of Hardware. Help would be greatly appreciated

Screenshots:

Prob 2.pngProb1.png

0 Likes
0 Replies