cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

askgamer
Journeyman III

stuttering when fps goes below and above 60!

Hey guys so i'm having my pc for last 2 years and i've noticed something since the build of my pc.games start to stutter when fps goes below or above 60.for example if fps goes to 50 i see very bad stuttering and it's unplayable(and i guess 30-60fps must be very smooth) and at the other hand if fps goes to 75 i see both tearing and stuttering(my montor is 60hz).however i found v-sync helpful and i could play almost every game at high or ultra graphic with stable 60fps and 1080p.but it was for two years ago now i can't run new games like i did before.and even on medium or low setting i can't get stable 60fps.for example in Assassin's creed odyssey with an optimal graphic setting i can get 40-50 fps which is not that bad for a single player game and i see a lot of people who they are okay with fps above 30 in this game.but as i said 40-50 must be smooth but it feels like i'm getting 15 fps!
i would be glad to see a solution so every answer is appreciated.
my pc:
Asus prime b250-pro
intel core i5 7400
gigabyte rx 580 4gb gaming
8 gigabyte ddr4 and 2400mhz dram
1080p 60hz display
psu:GP580A-ES
0 Likes
10 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Similar problems are very likely, if you don't have a monitor with FreeSync support, or if you have a monitor with FreeSync support but you don't get FPS in FreeSync range. If you don't have a FreeSync monitor, stutterings occur when you turn on vsync with the game settings, and tearings occur when you turn off vsync  with the game settings.

Turn off vsync with the game's graphics settings and do not change the driver settings or reset to default with Radeon Software.

0 Likes

so the solution here is to reset my driver setting to default and turn off v-sync in games?

0 Likes

Yes. You can also add game exe files to Radeon Software and try Enhanced Sync feature. There may be improvement.

0 Likes

It doesn't seem to be working man

0 Likes
askgamer
Journeyman III

I heard that it can be from my Dram is it correct?

0 Likes

If you increase RAM, stuttering decreases but it doesn't get better in scenes with 40-50 FPS that look like 15 FPS. High refresh rate and FreeSync support will provide you with better experience for such scenes. Increasing RAM only prevents congestion.

0 Likes

Thanks for advice and btw what does a Dram do in games?will increasing it make graphic look better in games?

0 Likes

No. Only the buffer of your computer will increase. Instant freezes are reduced by increasing RAM. That's all, for RAMs. RAM does not make graphics look better and I watched the YouTube video you shared. I couldn't identify any problems for the graphics. I think you need a good monitor. A 144 Hertz FreeSync (1ms) monitor reduces visual disturbances for games for you.

Edit:
Dual RAMs increase FPS. I would like to add this additionally. But there is no connection between the 15 FPS feeling and RAMs.

0 Likes

Just another question...does a ssd help games to load texture's and objects and etc...  faster?i don't mean the loading in the games i mean texture loading while you are playing.

0 Likes

Some games load textures while playing games outside game loading screen. If you use HDD in this type of games, frequency of blurring may increase. If you are using SSD, the game engine reaches textures in less time and may reduces duration of blur.

Playing games with SSD gives you an advantage. The most important advantage is the reduction in loading time. Some games run by reading data from disk continuously and use less RAM. If you use HDD in this type of games, there may be some stutter while playing games. Also, loading time of textures may increase in gameplays.

0 Likes