cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ribulose15bisphosphate
Journeyman III

Stuttering Radeon 530 Series

Hello, I've been having an issue ever since I bought a new laptop (HP 470 G7), namely that whenever I play any game, I experience graphic stuttering due to sudden drop in fps every 5 minutes, which makes most games unplayable. My graphic card is Radeon 530 series. The only solution that worked for me thus far was disabling it in device manager and using the standard graphic card, which removes the stuttering, but overall lowers the smoothness of the games. I have played around with the settings in the AMD Radeon software, nothing worked. I also noticed that my laptop overheats a lot when playing on the Radeon card, so I bought a cooling pad, didn't work. I also wanted to increase my in-built fan speed, but it seems incompatible with any software I tried. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Check in Device Manager for yellow error marks.

Go to Intel support and run the driver update tool...update graphics and any others it finds .

Choose the high performance graphics for the game. Settings / Display / scroll down to Graphics:

Screenshot_6.png

The computer power plan must be set to 'Performance' (not balanced)

Screenshot_5.png

0 Likes

Hi, thank you for your fast reply. There were no yellow error marks. As for the other methods, I've always had it set to high performance in graphics - otherwise it just becomes stuttery permamently when it is on power save, I've done the same in the power settings. I think it may be thermal throttling, because in Radeon Software I notcied that the GPU clock speed falls to 300 from 920 when the stuttering happens, but I don't know how to fix that.

0 Likes