cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Morini
Journeyman III

Re: Stuttering / Freezing on 6900XT

I am indeed using two monitors, and noticed that using only one monitor, playing in borderless mode, or playing Vulkan games, the issue is gone.
I actually RMAd the card once already, got sent a new one and the new card behaves identical to the last one, 27ms spikes.

0 Likes
CattywampusQ
Journeyman III

Has any solution been found for this issue? 

currently experiencing audio pops and freezes that last 1-2 seconds no matter what is being displayed on the second monitor. Like everyone else, the issue goes away when I unplug my monitor, but I NEED to use a second monitor. How can this happen to a flagship card? 

I am currently running the newest version of Win 10 64bit Pro. 

Specs:

Powercolor Red Devil 6900xt, MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk, Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB G skill 3200 cl14, Corsair 1000w psu. 

I have tried all the fixes included in the OP and I have also disabled C-States and nothing helps. Only unplugging the second monitor does.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

It is possible that the problem is in the sound settings, well, I assume so, if you use two monitors, I recommend in the sound parameters and the sound control panel if you use only one device for audio output, I have this fiio k5pro, then turn off the other devices, you can still work with the sound format settings of a particular device. to increase or decrease the sampling rate and the bit rate of the general mode, I recommend not to set more than 24 48000 Hz for the built-in audio, and in fact I would not set it higher for the external one either. since the entire record that is being written now is no more than 16bit 44100hz. The rest is for those who like to listen to vinyl digitization.)1.jpg

0 Likes
CattywampusQ
Journeyman III

I will give this a go and get back to you, thank you for giving another possible solution.

0 Likes
CattywampusQ
Journeyman III

I am not sure if it's a temporary solution or not but disabling all Audio Devices in Device Manager including the "AMD streaming audio device" has made it possible for me to play a youtube video on my secondary screen while playing kovaaks/csgo without stutters for the time being. I use a USB DAC/AMP and I have the HD audio disabled in BIOS. Hope this helps someone else having the same issue as I am.

0 Likes
Fractured
Journeyman III

Just an update since it's been a while.

Turns out my issues weren't GPU related at all, they were actually the USB audio issue with a good chunk of Ryzen motherboards.

With the latest AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.5 or a version around it, all my issues were fixed magically. Not sure why it was fine in LTSC 2019 vs being unusable on LTSC 2021, but I imagine a good chunk of the people here also have AMD CPUs, and at least in the screenshot of one person, I did see a USB DAC. So keep that in mind before bothering to diagnose.

0 Likes
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Yes, most likely the problem is in the usb device, usually such problems arise due to the fault of usb drivers, sata, network card, or the video card itself (there is little chance). If latencymon does not show which specific device, it gives a delay, you can usually disconnect all devices from the PC, except for the mouse and keyboard, or disconnect the network card through the device manager for a while, and check if anything has changed, but in some cases a specific error appears, for example: oem53.inf and by the device code you can find what it is. And then At the command prompt (from the administrator), enter the pnputil command.exe /e > c:\drivers.txt and press Enter.
After this command on the C drive, you will have a text file where all the drivers installed on your system are displayed.

Open the file and look for the Published name : oem53.inf
You will immediately understand what kind of driver it is. If the driver is really problematic, reinstall. Only download the drivers from the hardware manufacturer's website. Then you can delete this document.
0 Likes
zwu
Adept I

also possible problems are caused by:

unstable overclocks of cpu/gpu/memory

unstable psu

you can avoid gpu energy spikes by dialing in a narrow gpu clock min/max - like min 2500 max 2600

also, i had problems with SignalRGB. 

a clean boot might rule out software problems

0 Likes