cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gaming_rex716
Journeyman III

Stuttering and chopy gaming performance on 6500 XT

So I recently bought 6500 xt but I am experiencing stuttering, crashes and low gpu and high cpu usage.
My configuration 
CPU - 3400G

GPU - 6500 XT

Motherboard - asus rog 450-f gaming
Ram - G skill ripjaw V 3000 16 gb (8*2)

HDD - Seagate baracuda 2 TB

Psu - cooler master 750 watt plat

Its been only 2 days and I have tried almost everything even cleaned install my drivers, I also noticed that there some settings like record stream and gpu workload missing in Radeon software, after all this my system started freezing and crashing please help me out.

0 Likes
8 Replies

The card does not have the hardware encoding required for record and stream, and there's no compute switch on rx6xxx series (supposedly auto switches based on app/prog/workload ?). 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
marinesquirel
Adept III

I'm actually having a similar problem with my RX 6800XT. But only certain games like all the Forza games and the new Disney game that came out. As far as crashing there was an issue with some boards that were fixed with a bios update recently that stopped my PC from crashing if you are using Windows 11.. 

0 Likes

What are your specs?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
marinesquirel
Adept III

I just tinkered with some settings. What you want to do to stop the stuttering is first, turn off vsync on the games that are stuttering. Then you want to go to the adrenaline software, go to settings, then graphics and you'll want to scroll down and turn on enhanced sync. Changing that those settings were like night and day.

0 Likes

Have already done this  but nothing is fixed and I am facing stutter in every single games.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Check your setting and make sure your GPU is being used render your games. The PC may be using the iGPU to render and that could be causing issues.

The RX 6500 XT is only PCIe 4.0 4X so you are limited if you run it in a PCIe 3.0 system. It will run at PCIe 3.0 4X which severely limits the bandwidth from PCIe 4.0 4X at 8Gb/s to PCIe 3.0 4X at 4Gb/s.

That specific CPU is much slower than what is necessary for this card to "stretch it's legs" so it is a serious bottleneck.

Combining those factors with the use of an HDD is what is probably causing your stuttering and low GPU usage as the CPU cannot keep up with the load that your GPU can take on even in PCIe 3.0 4X and your HDD is probably struggling to play any modern titles.

Game's that utilize the CPU can vary in genre. I have seen open world, FPS, RTS, even some e-sports titles task the CPU hard to render higher frame rates. 

The crashes could be caused by thermals, so the first thing I would do to find the cause would be to install HWinfo64 and look at how hot your components are getting and compare them to the 95C max operating temp of your CPU. I can't find a maximum operating temperature for the RX 6500 XT as it is not listed on the AMD site. 

Try updating your BIOS, and chipset drivers too.

That is about all I can do for advice in this specific case.

I hope you find a solution. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I triedboth cpu based and gpu based games like valorant and apex legends still same issue.
Temps are normal under stress test it goes around 80 to 85C.
I am running latest bios version available for my mb and windows is up to date as well.

0 Likes
Upamanyu
Journeyman III

Dude I also have stuttering issues. My specs are i3 10100f, 16gb ram, 500w power supply and I'm using crucial bx500 ssd. But in most game the game stutters. The cpu usage is higher than gpu. GPU not using 100%. I turned of vsync. I played God of War 2018 and it stutter like crazy. I tried to play at low setting 1080p balanced fsr but still lag. I tried to lock the fps at 60fps using RTSS but still lag. I upgraded to a after market cooler but still lag. I did fresh windows installation and optimized everything but the lag never goes away. It lags in BF V, Minecraft java. And I know that my cpu i3 10100 should bottleneck my rx6500xt. Or atleast thats what all bencmark videos on yt shows. Please someone help me. And please don't tell me to upgrade., this was the pc I bought after 4 years of savings.  And I also know that the 6500xt is the a very good choice but at $180 this was the best new card available in my area. And still being a very bad card this card should perform better or same as the 1650 even in pcie 3.0. 

0 Likes