cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Still having HDR Issues

This is getting OLD!!!!!!!  This has been a thing in every Driver since 19.7.5 and I'm losing it.  There hasn't been a single shred of light shed on if this is being looked into or not by anyone at AMD.  Some transparency would be GREAT!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kb2nsjSsz86ctpYQ7VR5U76HBXDuiIxF 

0 Likes
5 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

In some games, like RDR2 PC, for instance, if you do not turn on HDR in Windows then the in-game controls will never offer the option.  You must turn on Windows HDR, and then run RDR2 and go to "Video" options where you'll see the option has activated.   Works fine with my HDR 10 monitor, a BenQ EW-3270U. I have no trouble running HDR and my 5700XT.

0 Likes

I have not tried this but I've never had this issue on older drivers.  It's every driver after 19.7.5.  

0 Likes

This is the way it's been in every driver release--some games will allow you to select HDR from the in-game options if you have an HDR display connected, other games require that HDR be turned on in Windows before an in-game option to turn on HDR in the game even appears in the in-game options.  It's not an "issue" in the AMD GPU drivers at all, it's simply the way different games allow you to access HDR.  Other than this information, I have no idea what you are talking about...;) Works fine in the newest 19.12.2 2020 drivers. But by far, of course, most games don't support HDR at all in-game or otherwise.  The game itself must be coded to support HDR or it won't and must be run in normal, non-HDR mode.  You can try to force games to run in HDR by turning HDR on in Windows and then firing up the game, but you will be disappointed in the display and will no doubt stop trying to force HDR in games that do not directly support it.  Most games do not support HDR at all at the present time.

0 Likes

No you don’t get it.  This has not and had never been the case with the games I have mentioned.  EVER Period.  Exclamation.  I don’t see what’s so hard to understand about that.  These games that I have mentioned have HDR built into the menus.  I have never ever once had to enable the godawful HDR Windows settings.  E V E R.  I’m sorry but in this case you are absolutely wrong considering I have been using HDR just fine with 19.7.5 drivers.  Any and all driver after that have had broken HDR. It’s is not a card problem because I Guarantee you I can roll back right now and it’ll be absolutely fine.  It is a driver issue.  Plain and simple.  Also you may want to look into what games do and do not support HDR because the ones I play and have mentioned have HDR settings built directly into the engine and Graphics/Display menu.  Not trying to be Hostile but you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about in this situation.  You my good man get a double thumbs down down vote.  

0 Likes

I have fixed the Issue, Enabling GPU Scaling is an absolute fix.  

0 Likes