cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

liaoxin
Journeyman III

stereoscopic rendering with amd gpus

I have read that all amd modern gpus (both consumer and pro models) support opengl quadbuffer & d3d stereoscopic rendering, the difference is that the consumer model only support full-screen mode, the pro ones(radeon pro and firegl) can support window mode.

Then I bought a radeon pro wx3100 and install the newest pro driver and test it, with stereo output sets to clone mode, the 3dexperience x2017 with 2021 patch failed to run correctly: the ui can not be hit once enabling the stereo in the 3de settings; another program from opencascad called Cad Assistant can run in stereo however with all menus only in one eye view; The Simense NX works ok; the other problem is that the windows osd refresh can be lagging or totally black, which might be due to lack of the stereo window support; the last problem is that when 3d option is on(window display setting), and some none stereo 3d application start in full screen mode, eg. one built with unity3d game engine, the screen will turn totally in black. 

The problems list here does not happen with a quadro p2200 gpu.

I have read from this link :Dassault Systèmes® CATIA®| Radeon™ Pro graphics| AMD that radeon pro wx3100 is not on the list, and wonder if you can support on it with 3dexperience? Beside, WX 7100 is the one start to support so called Virtual Reality, would you explain what exactly does Virtual Reality means, especially for desktop stereoscopic rendering applications like catia.

3D modeling applications like catia uses double precision float inside, I have read that all radeon pro model uses single precision float, so why do you make radeon pro on the top recommendation list other than fireGL. This is important cause we have to make sure the proper model as recommendation for our customer to install, this is from an autos-stereoscopic display company.

0 Likes
2 Replies
fsadough

Are you an enterprise customer or an enduser?

0 Likes

enterprise customer

0 Likes