Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BluLem7
Adept II

Start Menu Image Distorted on Right Side

Windows 10 Latest version
Dual Displays (DPI Cables)
AMD Radeon Drivers: 22.1.2

After updating to the above Radeon drivers, every time on boot up, the picture image display (Desktop) is distorted when I use the Windows key to pull up the full screen start menu.

The image is distorted along the right half of the screen and looks like it's compressed.  It looks something like what you can see on this picture:
https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/51a8814b-11b2-4ab6-9cdb-553c97d8c897?up...

The only way to fix it is to unplug the monitor cable and plug it back in.

I've never had this problem prior to the above driver.

Does anyone know a setting or fix that matters for this issue?

0 Likes
5 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

Hi, if there were no problems on the previous version of the driver, try to roll back, or install a newer driver, or try to reset the driver settings via amd adrenaline. Disable the full-screen start menu and re-enable, or completely disconnect the monitor, by pressing and from the network, and turn it on again.

If your talking about the vertical striations , its a windows(can't remember what) OS issue, run sfc and/or dism. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I think it was windows explorer (from memory) got stuck in a loop (are they originating from taskbar icons ?) what you have is very mild to what i had once. Thought my card or monitor had gone bad.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

This problem has stopped happening (as often).  I cannot find any pattern at the moment that creates it.  It happens right at boot into the OS without initiating any application launch from my end.

Now it doesn't exist, but it might happen again tomorrow.

Sometimes when I boot up the machine, the windows background will show, but then the screen goes black for a few seconds and then returns (so I can then login in after that).

That as well doesn't happen all the time either.

0 Likes

I updated the Display cable with a new one that's 1.4.

This particular cable even passed Linus' Display Port Cable test for version 2.0 as well.

The issue still happens.
So I'm pretty sure it's not the cable.

1. Monitor is:  Acer XR382CQK
  2. Updated to AMD's new driver:  22.2.2 and full reset on the driver.
  3. Windows is: 19044.1526 Windows 10 Pro 21H2  Experience:  120.2212.4170.0

I did an SFC /Scannow (didn't resolve anything)

I'm still at a loss on this one...

0 Likes