cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jayway2
Adept I

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Stuttering and FPS drop lags with the new drivers on 6600XT

Hello Dear AMD!

Unfortunately, with the new drivers, I run into the problems I described everywhere and it is unplayable because of this. I've getting huge fps drop lag and alot of stutter since i installed new drivers... i had to rollback to Adrenalin Optional. Every new drivers since this causing huge problems in Star Wars Battlefront II and makes the game totally unplayable. Please FIX this problem. / Radeon™ RX 6600 XT GAMING X 8G GPU owner with Windows 10/, and yes, I used DDU, and this error occurs with every new driver.

8 Replies

Just roll back to the driver that didn't have any problems. Problem solved. 

0 Likes
Youla
Journeyman III

Which driver did you use ?

0 Likes

22.4.2, everything is fine with this one, but newer versions all cause the problem mentioned above / lag, stutter, huge fps drops/.

0 Likes
Sterculius
Journeyman III

Have you retested this recently, with newer drivers? I have a 6900 XT and the 22.11.3 drivers, I noticed horrible stuttering in co-op inside of the rebel base on Hoth. It seems to only occur inside of the base. I know DX12 would probably fix it, but it would destroy my average fps. 

0 Likes

Nope, i still use 22.4.2 and i wont update it.

0 Likes
yage
Journeyman III

I know this is an old thread, but I get the stuttering issues as well. It happens on the Kamino Cloning Facility ground combat map during the lightning flashes. You can see the drop when using the in-game diagnostic tools (press the 'tilde' key and type in perfoverview.drawgraph true and perfoverview.drawfps true at the debug console). It's virtually unplayable if you're outside the buildings.

Only using 22.5.1 solves the issue. All new driver releases exhibit the same problem.

This is on Windows 11 22H2 w/ KB5020044 patch applied. All AMD system - 6900 XT / 5800X / X570 mobo.

0 Likes

What solves this problem for me (exact same thing as you), was turning on DIRECTX12 in the Video Settings. After that, I experienced no frame drops. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
zelgit
Journeyman III

I recently built my new computer with an RX 6950 XT (GPU) and Ryzen 7 7800X3D with BRUTAL FPS drops in Battlefront 2 when looking at a certain direction (e.g. a certain hall), which made it unplayable. Other areas was super smooth. This was with DirectX 11 but now I tried DirectX 12 I have not noticed any yet so thanks!

0 Likes