cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hurricane51
Journeyman III

specifications

Why doesn't AMD (or any of the testing sites) include the maximum video resolution of GPUs?

0 Likes
6 Replies

Because not even the most powerful GPU right now, the 2080 Ti, can game at 4k60 across the board, so there is very little reason to go beyond that.

0 Likes

Who said anything about gaming? There are other applications using 4K. It would seem posting the max resolution would be a valuable specification. It is to me.

0 Likes

If all you want is to know the maximum resolution, you only need to look at the websites of the manufacturers of the cards. The Sapphire RX 5700 XT, for example, tops out at 4096x2160 on HDMI, and 5120x2880 on DisplayPort.

The problem is, I’ve been to the websites and many don’t list this specification. That’s the whole point. It seems to be a forgotten item on the spec sheet.

0 Likes

It's also listed in the specs on the etailer website, as well as on the product boxes. Generally if it's a standard resolution, supported by the HDMI or DisplayPort revision, it's supported by the card. Pre Navi cards had issues with very oddball ultra compressed widescreen resolutions, but otherwise they were only limited by the HDMI and DisplayPort revision limitations.

For example:

Newegg:

B&H

0 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to widen my search.

0 Likes