cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nijjo
Journeyman III

Sound via hdmi not working RX 550 4GB. I am using windows 10 64x. Please help!!!!

sss.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

In the image it finally shows your TV as "Default" (Green Checkmark). With AMD Audio it wasn't showing your TV as default. The High Definition Audio is Microsoft Generic HD Audio driver that is installed by Windows Update.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

I would reinstall your driver, do not do an express install, do custom and choose clean install. If that does not help reply back with the following information and someone will be able to help from there:INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

I reinstalled display and hdmi audio driver two or three times and problem is still there. Problem is not at tv or cable because they are working on another pc.

0 Likes

I know it's a pain but before deciding the card is bad. Try that card in another PC and see if it works from there. At least then you know it's an issue with something in your pc or not.

0 Likes

Thank you, I really appreciate your help so far.

0 Likes

No problem. Been there myself, too many times. I often forget good troubleshooting suggestions when an issue arises that I know to do. I count on others help all the time so its always good to pay it forward.

0 Likes

Under Windows 10 Sound Panel under your Monitor:

Click on "Konfiguei" and then Click on "TEST" after making your TV the "DEFAULT DEVICE" . See if you hear a tone coming from each speaker on your TV or Main Audio Device.

If you don't, Make sure your sound is not on "MUTE". then under Sound Panel on your Main Audio Device (TV) click on "Svojstva" and make sure everything is correct. Sound Level is at 100% and check under "ADVANCE" and "ENHANCEMENTS"

Found out that SPREMNO in Croatian means "READY" or probably in this case "DEFAULT". In the picture, your DEFAULT (SPREMNO) is using the AMD HD AUDIO Driver.

Just for temporary troubleshooting purposes, Disable all REALTEK audio in the Sound Panel except for the Television. It is possible Windows is using the Realtek Audio and not the AMD audio. Also by testing (Clicking "TEST" under "CONFIGURE") the Television Audio through the Sound Panel, if the Audio is being used by another program it will give you an error message indicating that.  

Thanks for thinking better than me. I saw that in a different language in just assumed it was on the correct default. elstaci as usual you inspire me to do better.

0 Likes

I needed to google the word SPREMNO to find out what it meant. My built in Google Chrome translator doesn't translate text on images.

0 Likes

I totally forgot to switch system back to english. It would surely have been much easier to both of you. I'm sory for that and thang you again.

0 Likes

I did what you said and it still not working.

After that i tried to fix it myself again. I uninstall "Realtek" and "AMD" sound driver devices in "Device Manager" and restart my PC. When I open "Device Manager" there is just "High Definition Audio Device" and in sound panel I have this:

aaa.pngSound via HDMI still not working.

Version of "High Definition Audio Device" driver is "10.0.16299.251". On another PC version of it is "6.1.7600.16385" and in sound panel i have this:ddd.pngSound via HDMI work well.

Because of that I suspect that there is an software error, not in hardware.

0 Likes

I forgot to said, I can not configure a TV (AMD HD Audio Device) and I do not why but when i click on it it just does not respond.

0 Likes

I restarted PC again and sound is start working. In "Device Manager" I have:eee.png

and in sound panel I have:

www.png<--(i do this in paint dont judge)

I send this for everyone who might have the same or similar problem.

Thank pokester  and elstaci for help.

0 Likes

In the image it finally shows your TV as "Default" (Green Checkmark). With AMD Audio it wasn't showing your TV as default. The High Definition Audio is Microsoft Generic HD Audio driver that is installed by Windows Update.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Glad to see you found the correct answer.

0 Likes