cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

schldskjoirz
Adept III

Sound problem via AMD HD Audio/HDMI

Gfx card/AMD HD Audio is behaving strangely. In Windows the sound is normal, but when I start any game, all sound is off. But not every time. Sometimes the game sounds function normally and then suddenly it doesn't, e.g. after a reboot.

AMD High Definition Device shows up normally in Device Manager and the driver is AMD HD Audio version 10.0.1.24. Only drivers without Adrenalin are installed.

Onboard audio is disabled, so the graphics card is the only audio device.

I have tried the HDMI cable on the normal HDMI port on the TV and also on the HDMI Arc port. For example, a while ago, when there was no sound, I turned off the PC and changed the HDMI cable from port 1 to port 4 ARC. The game audio worked fine. When I reboteed the PC, the game sound was off again.

The sound controls for TV/AMD HD audio is the default. I have also tried unchecking the options "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive mode applications priority", but this has no effect.

I wonder what else I could try here?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
1 Solution
schldskjoirz
Adept III

Problem solved. I changed GPU to another pcie slot and it did the job. Now I can finally disable problematic onboard audio and use the gpu as a sound card. The difference in games is huge. Most of the intolerable lag and hit reg issues is gone. Next issue to study is what is wrong the pcie slot 1.

Thanks AMD support.

• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
schldskjoirz
Adept III

Problem solved. I changed GPU to another pcie slot and it did the job. Now I can finally disable problematic onboard audio and use the gpu as a sound card. The difference in games is huge. Most of the intolerable lag and hit reg issues is gone. Next issue to study is what is wrong the pcie slot 1.

Thanks AMD support.